Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Dpeck: Time to give the Mrs. your Christmas list.

This has your name all over it. Good luck in the bidding.

Kevin

Kevin

Comments

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

Haha. I saw this in a preview. Looks pretty awesome!!!

I know Darius Rucker has a few robes so it will be interesting to see what this goes for.

You know ESPN will be all over it!

• Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

I finally got to watch the 30 for 30 and thought it was great.

Have these come up before? If so what do they go for?

If I had that robe I’d wear it out to the mailbox everyday!

Kevin

Kevin

• Options

I am not aware of prior sales. It wouldn't surprise me if Flair has sold others over the years for 15 to 20k.

My guess is 35k.

If he can get an NFL player to bid or someone like Snoop Dog easily much higher.

• Options
    muffinsmuffins Posts: 469 ✭✭✭
    edited November 26, 2017 10:02PM

i have a used folding steel chair that he signed.

has a nice lil indentation in it.

while other, more personally prominent knick-knacks are laying around the house, this is one of the biggest conversation pieces i have.

never point it out to company bc the best part is watching the facial expressions when folks stumble over, lean in a lil closer to get a better look at the ink and then finally figure out what it actually is.... then put the 2 + 2 back together that its a steel chair!

not everyone appreciates cardboard, but as the 30/30 shows...the nature boy is beloved by all walks and a multitude of generations.

really speaks volumes when some of the biggest stars, celebs and sports figs get all giddy when they get a chance to meet him.

"...and so are the horsemen."

• Options

I just checked to see if the auction was live and I see the current bid with BP is just over 20k.

• Options

Looks like your prediction might be light if this pace holds.

Kevin

Kevin

• Options
    FirstBeardFirstBeard Posts: 466 ✭✭✭

@Dpeck100 said:
    I know Darius Rucker has a few robes so it will be interesting to see what this goes for.

On his radio show, Dan Patrick was talking about sitting next to Darius Rucker at an auction where a Flair robe was up for bid (this was after the 30 for 30 aired, so probably a few weeks ago). Apparently Darius was not leaving without the robe and Dan was shocked at how much it went for. I seem to recall him saying something in the 10-15k range. From the context of the story, I got the feeling this was in the late 90s and it was the first one Darius purchased.

Good luck bidding! ;)

• Options

@FirstBeard

No bids for me. Awesome item but I am going to stick with cards. :)

• Options

Hammer dropped. That’s such a cool item. If I was Bazzillionaire rich I would buy it to wear to the bus stop every Monday morning. Whhhhhoooooo!

Kevin

• Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

@LOTSOS said:
    Hammer dropped. That’s such a cool item. If I was Bazzillionaire rich I would buy it to wear to the bus stop every Monday morning. Whhhhhoooooo!

Hey wait--if you were Bazzillionaire rich wouldn't you stop taking the bus?!?! B)

• Options

Me yes. The kids no. They'd have to still have to ride the cheese. Don't want to raise any trust fund brats. ;)

Kevin

Kevin