Home Q & A Forum

Silver coins raw or certified, pcgs,or ngc question.....

How is it that sellers are able to sell silver coins that look frosty and brilliant? Raw, or even in pcgs and ngc holders. I have many silver coins, stored in coin storage tubes, all have tarnished, Are silver coins dipped before being placed in certified holders? This is my question. Thank's

Taylor Made .

Comments

• Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 24, 2017 10:21AM

Many folks dip their coins before sending them in to increase their eye appeal. If not done properly the coins will turn in the slab and the TPGS will be blamed by the uninformed.

The TPGS will conserve your coins before they are slabbed for a fee.

• @Insider2 said:
    Many folks dip their coins before sending them in to increase their eye appeal. If not done properly the coins will turn in the slab and the TPGS will be blamed by the uninformed.

The TPGS will conserve your coins before they are slabbed for a fee.

Hello Insider2,
    Who are the TPGS? and how will they conserve coins?
    Thank's for your reply.

Taylor Made .
  • tsacchtsacch Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    edited November 26, 2017 4:41AM

Third Party Grading services, PCGS, NGC, ANACS, ICG seem to be the biggies recognized by most. I may be wrong, but one is really really favored over the others. They have in house services at PCGS and NGC. Their conservation is chemical dipping of some kind I imagine not much different than an experienced person doing it at home.

Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.