Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Bad time to end an auction

Mile High had an auction end last night and it made me think it has to be one of the worst days to end an auction. With people traveling to spend Thanksgiving with their families and preparations being made for their Thanksgiving meals, bidding on an auction has to be a low priority or forgotten altogether. I had even forgotten that the auction was ending until I received an invoice the next day. I haven’t looked at the prices realized as a whole, but there were definitely some deals below VCP. I hate to think of it through a consignors point of view as I would be quite upset .

Comments

• Options

After i got home from Thanksgiving dinner, I was able to scoop up some nice deals on Ebay auctions ending tonight. No idea why you would intentionally plan for that, so I would guess people just didn't plot out the days. Worked out for me.

Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.
  • Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

I checked back at the results of MH and didn't make it past their first lot to find a card that set a new low.
    milehighcardco.com/1951_Bowman__253_Mickey_Mantle_PSA_4_VG_EX-LOT53108.aspx
    Sure the registration is off, but the centering is fair. The previous low clocked in at $4934.

• Options
    coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭

they also had this auction overlap another one of their auctions which is still ongoing

• Options
    muffinsmuffins Posts: 469 ✭✭✭

pwcc had one ending on superbowl sunday a few years back.

i lucked up on a few things early in the auction and even ended winning 3 more that i wouldnt have gone for after noticing the previous steals.

free lesson on someone elses dime bc it also taught me to actually put eyes to calendar for ending dates when i eventually consigned something.

• Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭✭

That particular mantle is one fugly looking 4. For something that off register, I’d call it a strong price. I made the mistake of ending a few auctions on tg; my bad entirely as i was suckered by eBays offer of 8% back if i listed by a certain date to sell by. No biggie though as it was minor stuff.

• Options
    ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November 28, 2017 9:31PM

Yeah why they wouldn’t just end it 3 days later on that Sunday is beyond me. I wouldn’t be too pleased if I had consigned my stuff there.

The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection