Home Sports Talk
Options

Thanksgiving football memories?

CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 23, 2017 12:05AM in Sports Talk

Just a couple. I attended a Thursday Detroit game once in the late 1980's. Don't recall the opponent or outcome. Game ended at about 3:30 so it was nice to head home and dinner was ready.

Also had a Tudor electric set as a kid. Real piece of dreck, but we trotted it out every year anyway.

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 23, 2017 3:30AM

I once remember the Lions vs Bears it went to OT . I went to the fridge to get a beer as the Lions kicked off to start the extra session. By time I came back the game was over. The kick got run back all the way.

I also remember going to a game on Thanksgiving with my son. I believe it might of been against the Peyton Manning's. Anyways we left at the end of the first quarter and were at my sisters before halftime. This was during the Joey Harrington era.

I moved back to to Detroit from NY/ Seattle and opened a business. The first thing I did was get club seats at the new Ford Field. 3 year contract of pain. Couldn't give the seats away towards the end of the year. I think the Lions went 7-9, 5-11 and 2-14 during that time. I gave up the tickets and the following year the Lions went 0-16. My son said, " Dad, who knew we were there for the glory years".

Gobble Gobble

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 23, 2017 5:04AM

All this lions talk reminds me of this video. Someone posted it here a few years ago and it always cracks me up so I have it bookmarked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WpQ4PkYiRs

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hilarious. I wonder if I could be Offensive Coordinator for the Browns. Through sheer luck or the law of averages perhaps I could win one out of 16.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 23, 2017 10:16AM

@Justacommeman said:
    I once remember the Lions vs Bears it went to OT . I went to the fridge to get a beer as the Lions kicked off to start the extra session. By time I came back the game was over. The kick got run back all the way.

1. Dave Williams. Couldn't wait to get back to school so I could gloat.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you (jive) turkeys!

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

I also remember going to a game on Thanksgiving with my son. I believe it might of been against the Peyton Manning's. Anyways we left at the end of the first quarter and were at my sisters before halftime. This was during the Joey Harrington era.

I moved back to to Detroit from NY/ Seattle and opened a business. The first thing I did was get club seats at the new Ford Field. 3 year contract of pain. Couldn't give the seats away towards the end of the year. I think the Lions went 7-9, 5-11 and 2-14 during that time. I gave up the tickets and the following year the Lions went 0-16. My son said, " Dad, who knew we were there for the glory years".

Gobble Gobble

m

Mark I love it. Also like you son's since of humor. I remember that Bear/Lions game. Shortest OT ever!

• Options

This Charger/Cowboy game sure is a yawner. We give them 20-40 yard chunks down the field...then they are so inept in the Red Zone they only get 3 points. It could be 28 to zero. Our offense stinks without Zeke. Oh well....I'm sure our "D" will loosen up in the second half and we'll get blown out like last week.

I know how it feels to have been a Lions fan in the 80's.......I'm living it now!

• Options

Well...I called that. Now we are probably looking at a 3 and out.