Home Sports Talk
Options

2018 Pro Football Hall of Fame Semi-Finalists

SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 21, 2017 10:59PM in Sports Talk

Just announced today, here are the 27 semi-finalists for induction (there was a three-way tie for 25th place):

Steve Atwater
Ronde Barber
Tony Boselli
Isaac Bruce
LeRoy Butler
Don Coryell
Roger Craig
Brian Dawkins
Alan Faneca
Torry Holt
Steve Hutchinson
Joe Jacoby
Edgerrin James
Jimmy Johnson
Ty Law
Ray Lewis
John Lynch
Kevin Mawae
Karl Mecklenburg
Randy Moss
Leslie O'Neal
Terrell Owens
Simeon Rice
Richard Seymour
Brian Urlacher
Everson Walls
Hines Ward

Senior Candidates;

Bobby Beathard
Robert Brazile
Jerry Kramer

My votes are:

Isaac Bruce
Don Coryell
Ray Lewis
Leslie O'Neal
Bobby Beathard
Robert Brazile
Jerry Kramer

Steve

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like

Steve Hutchinson
    Ray Lewis
    Randy Moss
    Terrell Owens

Senior Candidates;

Bobby Beathard
    Jerry Kramer

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 22, 2017 5:51AM

I like a lot of these players but the whole idea of the HOF doesn't move me . It sorta feels like a chef throwing a handful of spaghetti at the wall , lets see which of these slobs stick. Brian Boselli or Alan Faneca good players to be sure no not this year. I love Ty Law but I don't care if he ever gets in, he owns a trampoline place on Route 1 in Norwood , he will benefit more from that than being in the HOF , even if the parking lot looks kinda empty usually.
    On the other hand you got a guy Ray Lewis who should get in but he is a murderer and obviously a moron . He has a TV job he doesn't deserve already ( not because he murdered someone , he is terrible TV a massive idiot , babbling fool , ) putting him in the HOF would just be doubling down. When they put Eric Dickerson on as a sideline reporter and he could barely speak they $hitcanned him immediately and yet Ray still has a job . Eric never killed anyone that I know of.
    If I get one vote I would choose to put Jim Rice in the football HOF , just to annoy people here . Jim should be in every HOF , golf for instance , that guy can drive wow.

Ok why when I type 3 paragraphs and indent them does the forum mash it all together in a wall of text? Or put part of it in a weird gray box ?

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ty Law, Ray Lewis and Randy Moss stick out as front runners in my opinion

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

I would choose to put Jim Rice in the football HOF

sure wish you would stop confusing me. still haven't quite recovered from venus williams being able to hit a baseball farther than larry bird

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@bronco2078 said:

I would choose to put Jim Rice in the football HOF

sure wish you would stop confusing me. still haven't quite recovered from venus williams being able to hit a baseball farther than larry bird

I've seen him golf at the Pembroke country club. Hole 13 is a monster par 5 he was smashing the thing around the dogleg

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 22, 2017 9:27AM

@bronco2078 said:

I've seen him golf at the Pembroke country club. Hole 13 is a monster par 5 he was smashing the thing around the dogleg

who dat? bird or rice? and do you play regularly?

• Options

Rice , I actually worked there in the 90's I used to do some night watering of the course and midnight golfing .

• Options

Here are the finalists for the Pro Football HOF:

Steve Atwater
    Tony Boselli
    Isaac Bruce
    Brian Dawkins
    Alan Faneca
    Steve Hutchinson
    Joe Jacoby
    Edgerrin James
    Ty Law
    Ray Lewis
    John Lynch
    Kevin Mawae
    Randy Moss
    Terrell Owens
    Brian Urlacher
    Everson Walls

Robert Brazile
    Jerry Kramer
    Bobby Beathard

Steve

• Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't care much about any of the others, but Jerry Kramer is a hell of a good guy and I'd like to see him in the HOF.

This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options
    Time4aGansettTime4aGansett Posts: 382 ✭✭✭

Looks like a strong list this year, sure some will be disappointed when they don't get in.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

Moss and Lewis are the only clear clear HOFers on that list, IMO.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

Today's the day they announce the new Pro FB HOFers. Here's the list again (Steve Atwater was erroneously listed as a finalist in the initial announcement a month ago)

Tony Boselli
    Isaac Bruce
    Brian Dawkins
    Alan Faneca
    Steve Hutchinson
    Joe Jacoby
    Edgerrin James
    Ty Law
    Ray Lewis
    John Lynch
    Kevin Mawae
    Randy Moss
    Terrell Owens
    Brian Urlacher
    Everson Walls

Robert Brazile
    Jerry Kramer
    Bobby Beathard

According to the HOF's website, between four and eight new HOFers can be inducted in a year, with no more than five coming from the modern-era candidates. So, with that in mind, here's who I would elect:

Isaac Bruce
    Ray Lewis
    Randy Moss
    Brian Urlacher
    Robert Brazile
    Jerry Kramer
    Bobby Beathard

Steve

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 3, 2018 5:26PM

Congrats to the class of 2018. All more then deserving

Brazile
    Beathard
    Moss
    Owens
    Kramer
    Urlacher
    Lewis
    Dawkins

Mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

As much as Moss and Owens probably cost themselves more stats by being who they were at times their talent has always been undeniable so I’m glad they both got in. I thought they would make them both wait to be honest.

• Options
    ADGADG Posts: 423 ✭✭✭

@dallasactuary said:
    I don't care much about any of the others, but Jerry Kramer is a hell of a good guy and I'd like to see him in the HOF.

Hey. We agree on this one. At Lambeau always great with the fans when he visits. Long overdue.

"The vaccines work,” Trump said, adding that the people who “get very sick and go to the hospital” are unvaccinated.
    “Look, the results of the vaccine are very good, and if you do get it, it’s a very minor form,” Trump continued. “People aren’t dying when they take the vaccine.”
    Do your part, America 💉😷