Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Card Magazine innards from the early nineties

Comments

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

Those Topps magazines are very tough to separate at the perforations.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice Lindstrom. That’s his Rookie year. Arguably the 2nd best D man to ever play the game.

Kevin

Kevin

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LOTSOS said:
    Nice Lindstrom. That’s his Rookie year. Arguably the 2nd best D man to ever play the game.

Kevin

Arguably? With all due respect to Eddie Shore, Doug Harvey and Ray Bourque, Lidstrom is a lock for that. I think there is a more of an argument for him vs. Orr rather than him vs. another possible #2 candidate :smile:

• Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree. That is basically what I meant. I could not get my fingers to type "arguably the greatest Defenceman of all times." Seemed kind of blasphemous. ;)

Kevin

Kevin

• Options
    robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2019 11:14AM

• Options
    Kep13Kep13 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

I never understood why cards like these aren't graded by PSA since they were not available in any other form. Sure they aren't licensed, but they are hand-cut and not available in packs. The cards from the Baseball Card magazine are really cool and I think a lot of player collectors would enjoy having some of these cards graded.

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kep13 said:
    I never understood why cards like these aren't graded by PSA since they were not available in any other form. Sure they aren't licensed, but they are hand-cut and not available in packs. The cards from the Baseball Card magazine are really cool and I think a lot of player collectors would enjoy having some of these cards graded.

The Topps Magazine cards are graded by PSA. Same goes for items like Legends Magazine and Tuff Stuff. Card sheets like the Sports Cards ones in the OP are in the minority for magazine issue cards hasn't graded. But, has anyone here ever even tried to sub anything from Sports Cards magazine? Just because they aren't in the pop report yet, doesn't mean they won't be some day.

• Options
    OddRodzOddRodz Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

Could someone post a link to a prior thread which details best approach to the 'hand cut' method. Will be a guinea here and in 6 months to a year, including building the stack for months to submit, then actual submission grading time, will be back to post results.