Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1972 Topps Baseball Wrappers x33 Valuation Help

MintacularMintacular Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭
edited November 18, 2017 9:58PM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Picked these up today and not sure how to value them because they were all rubber banded and have major creasing wear tears rips etc. How would you value and/or sell them? Is $100 for the lot too much do you think? Thanks, Pat

Comments

• Options
    mortizmortiz Posts: 62 ✭✭

Did you check eBay past sales? Looks like these have gone for $10/each plus shipping.

I would price yours accordingly. You can try doing one at a time. Or perhaps sell a lot of 10 (asking $1K or best offer) and then sell singles as well. Maybe do a lot of 5 wrappers too.

Going by past eBay sales you should do quite well here.

DO NOT SELL FOR ONLY $100 LOL

Can I ask how much you picked them up for?

• Options
    mortizmortiz Posts: 62 ✭✭

It looks like you got different promos on these wrappers also. Make sure to pay attention to that when listing them and to check if certain ones sell for more than others.

Don’t let anyone lowball you on these!

You might wanna try and get some semi-rigid holders for these wrappers also. Not sure if they make ones big enough (check Columbia Sportscards web site) but I wouldn’t be surprised.

Keep us posted!

• Options
    OddRodzOddRodz Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

Those would look cool simply matted, framed, and wall-mounted all together :) Much cooler art than Andy Warhol's Campbell's Soup piece.

• Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

I read somewhere that the wrappers can be used to make a nice countertop. :p
    James

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

You should throw in a few hundred commons and a glue stick.

Arthur

• Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

$200 for the lot wholesale. Retail on ebay after fees $300.

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nathaniel1960 said:
    $200 for the lot wholesale. Retail on ebay after fees $300.

You really think you'd be able to sell these for $10 apiece in this kind of condition? They're fairly common even in nice condition.

• Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

10 for 1K ain't gonna happen. Maybe you meant 10 for a 100

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

Pat,

Kinda sucks if you sell all of these ... or even a large lot ... to one individual. As Arthur has already stated, we all know what's going to happen with these!!!!!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

Realized prices on eBay have been $10+ shipping. I think some people are just upset that their graded cards are becoming worth less than the wrappers they contained them lol

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mortiz said:
    Realized prices on eBay have been $10+ shipping. I think some people are just upset that their graded cards are becoming worth less than the wrappers they contained them lol

For wrappers with tears and creases?

• Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭✭

There's only 33 of them, I'd sell them one at a time on ebay; even with tears/creases on some you might be surprised. Come up with some decent (but cheap) sturdy envelopes with a sturdy piece of cut cardboard for each and have at it, IMO.

• Options
    MintacularMintacular Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭

Thanks for everyone's responses, very helpful. I am going to try and get $5/piece for all of them. I don't think a resealer could use these due to the tears

• Options
    ugaskidawgugaskidawg Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

I collect wrappers for my raw binder sets. I'll buy one or two off you. PM me if you are interested. Thanks!