Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

New Series roll and the media goes off course?

I was hoping to hear more about these new notes,
thanks for nothing except angry commentary

https://yahoo.com/news/millionaire-treasury-secretary-socialite-wife-230029814.html

Comments

• Options
    numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭

Like most in this government...theses idiots are out of touch......................and dangerous!

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not unusual for a new signer to be photographed with the newly printed notes bearing their signature but the trophy actress wife hamming it up for the camera is something that we haven't seen before.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options
    mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish we could just get back to reporting news ("Just the Facts, ma'am") like, "Sec. Mnuchin and Wife Pose with First-Issued $1 with His Signature" instead of the actual slanted class-baiting headline in the article above "Millionaire Treasury Secretary and Socialite Wife Pose with Sheets of Cash."

Not in the article, but the funniest thing I heard about Mnuchin is that he had to "practice" a normal signature, so that they could engrave it, because his normal signature is an unrecognizable/unreadable scrawl.

• Options

Here's the short article on him practicing his signature ;)

Mnuchin's New Signature

• Options
    gnatgnat Posts: 392 ✭✭✭

Jack Lew's signature was even more indecipherable and he had to make a more legible version to be engraved for use on notes.
    Unfortunately, Mnuchin wife, Louise Linton, has made herself a target through her poor behavior. So being the first spouse to pose with the Treas. Sec'y only invited comment.

• Options

@gnat said:
    Jack Lew's signature was even more indecipherable and he had to make a more legible version to be engraved for use on notes.
    Unfortunately, Mnuchin wife, Louise Linton, has made herself a target through her poor behavior. So being the first spouse to pose with the Treas. Sec'y only invited comment.

Perhaps. I really think that everyone's behavior is just magnified by the current social media environment. If Mnuchin/Linton had done that photo op in the 1970's, I don't think anyone would've noticed or commented on it.

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mvs7 said:

Perhaps. I really think that everyone's behavior is just magnified by the current social media environment. If Mnuchin/Linton had done that photo op in the 1970's, I don't think anyone would've noticed or commented on it.

Her posts on twitter and whatever other anti-social media have merely invited the scorn. She should have Gucci in her name somewhere.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options

@SaorAlba said:
    Her posts on twitter and whatever other anti-social media have merely invited the scorn. She should have Gucci in her name somewhere.

I vote for two Guccis, like Louise Gucci Gucci Linton. :D

• Options
    synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭

I too have a signature that fits in your polite term of "scrawling" LOL

Ever been asked if you are a Doctor because they can't read your signature?
    .....I have!
    :)

• Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see nothing wrong with an unreadable signature on our currency. The name is printed below.

If the signer chooses to represent his signature in an undecipherable manner, perhaps the name underneath should include "His Mark". That should get them to sign legibly.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.