Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Altered or Mis-cut

I know these aren't great scans, but I wonder if anyone has an opinion if this is just a "mis-cut" or if someone attempted to shave the card and quit.

Notice on the back picture, the top border kind of looks "curved", but I am not sure if its just an optical illusion, or if the card is bowed(I've bought 64's before that were really bowed until you put them in a snap/screw case).

When you look at the front, a "curve" on that border is not obvious to me. The card does not appear "diamond cut" when you look at all the borders(sorry, don't have complete scans here with me, tried to zoom in on border). Also, looking at the top border on the front, its clear that the "Yankees" name isn't "level", but none of the other borders show "un-levelness" or "angles" (see third & fourth scans). That's what makes we worried this was altered.

Any idea? Just a funny-cut 1960's card? Bowed? Shaved?

I actively collect Kirby Puckett. I have collections of Michael Jordan, Emmitt Smith, Roberto Clemente, Dwight Gooden, Tom Seaver, Errict Rhett and Evan Longoria.

Comments

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

Need a scan of the ENTIRE front of card to go along with what you are showing, full scan of back would be nice as well.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set