Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

1914 $10 note for opinions?

Hello,

I dabble in currency when I see an interesting note - I'd be curious or opinions on this piece and what might be a reasonable selling value right now?

It's pretty clean with some unobtrusive fold marks and corners are all in nice shape.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 16, 2017 5:32AM

Nice piece of history. It does not seem to have a star at the end of the serial number so not sure the price but nice note. Looks like the Blue which is common .

Old currencyvalue.com: There are dozens of different varieties of 1914 $20 bills. These varieties are a direct result of there being twelve issuing districts and many different signature combinations.
    Most 1914 $20 bills are very common and worth around $60. You are welcome to send us pictures of your note and we can check it for varieties.
    Inscriptions: Federal Reserve Note – Series of 1914 – Authorized by Federal Reserve Act of December 23, 1913 – The United States Will Pay To The Bearer On Demand Twenty Dollars – Washington D.C. – Register Of The Treasury – Treasurer Of The United States – Amer Septent Sigil Thesaur – This note is receivable by all national and member banks and federal reserve banks for all taxes, customs and other public dues, it is redeemable in gold on demand at the treasury department of the United States in the city of Washington, District of Columbia, or in gold or lawful money at any federal reserve bank.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭

Fr# 915A,a pretty common large-size Federal Reserve Note in mid vf grade....retail value range according to Track&Price is $60-$90.Nice solid note.

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Options
    scotty1419scotty1419 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

Thanks Numbers man

I don't have any good pricing resources - do you have any links for online fairly accurate pricing?

• Options
    numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭

Some data is available(free) on....HA.com....also,you can check eBay for sold listings.I personally use many references.Track&Price works well but you need to buy that data.

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Options
    mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree... for pricing ballpark, you can use one of the guides in the library or my "library," Barnes & Noble. If you want to get realistic recent info, use completed sale listings from eBay.