Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Has anyone participate in a Break up roll and what did you get This one is Ebay not mine

I seen this one for 40.00 you get a coin in the roll once it is Opened. I thought I would try and when results are in will share the coin. Good, Bad or otherwise. Any thoughts?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/20-SILVER-DOLLAR-ROLL-Break-1935-and-S-Mint-PEACE-DOLLAR-ENDS/232552884556?hash=item36253b694c:g:acIAAOSwc6pZ59ov

Best place to buy !
Bronze Associate member

Comments

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought a roll months ago but never broke it up were we suppose to break them? Its not from the above seller though.

• Options
    MattTheRileyMattTheRiley Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

Interesting...

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

One roll and you buy 1 coin, you get a coin based on what order your picked in from the roll. Its all done on camera and you get to watch if you want. then they send you what you got from the roll.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    REALGATORREALGATOR Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 15, 2017 7:25PM

My guess is you are going to get a coin worth about $20 but who knows. Maybe an 1870-S Seated is in there.
    (sarcasm flag = on)
    And of course it will be revealed on You-tube.

• Options

I am hoping to get something to add to my next submission to PCGS

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    CuKevinCuKevin Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭✭

@blu62vette said:
    I doubt anything you get will be worth submitting. This is a gimmick, don't fall for it and spend money elsewhere.

I don’t know why this isn’t obvious to people.

Choice Numismatics www.ChoiceCoin.com

CN eBay

All of my collection is in a safe deposit box!
  • Options
    themasterthemaster Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

It is listed as an uncirculated roll, which it is not.

Have a Great Day!
    Louis

"If you would know the value of money, go and try to borrow some." Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

Should end well as he sold 22 of the 19 spots. What could go wrong?

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,954 ✭✭✭✭✭

Run away, you will get a well circ. peace dollar, common worth 15 bucks... In my opinion

• Options

https://youtu.be/fj-Ul3AwhYc

Here the reveal if you care to watch

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

So, it looks like you got a well worn, likely cleaned, 1923-S?

I've seen these but would rather bet the money on the Seattle Mariners to win the World Series.....

Coins look to be worth melt. Yet, he get almost $800 for the way he sold it. More than double.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 16, 2017 12:56AM

@Bochiman said:
    So, it looks like you got a well worn, likely cleaned, 1923-S?
    I've seen these but would rather bet the money on the Seattle Mariners to win the World Series.....

I live in the Seattle area. I'd rather have a worn, cleaned 1923-S Peace Dollar.

• Options

Not sure if he will last in the world of eBay his rating has dropped since he started this. I was thinking we could all do similar but with a good roll that we all pitch in and buy. No markup just buy the roll (better one) maybe old Morgan’s and see how it goes. Just a thought

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

The wrapper is obviously old, but I believe it had been opened, salted with the end coin as a teaser and the rest of the lousy coins inserted.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    felinfoelfelinfoel Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭

All 'unopened' rolls showing valuable end coins on Ebay are scams.

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 16, 2017 9:14AM

Guessing the bidders on this roll are the same kinda folks that travel to Mexico to get a smoking deal on plastic surgery ;)

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think any seller would pass good profitable prospect just because he / she loves would be buyer :|

• Options
    REALGATORREALGATOR Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kkathyl said:
    Well glad you all enjoyed the laugh just thought I would share an experience and it did not cost you a dime.

Sure, but the downside is it encourages shady operators. Too bad this is so common. Otherwise it would actually be more entertaining.

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

@REALGATOR said:

@Kkathyl said:
    Well glad you all enjoyed the laugh just thought I would share an experience and it did not cost you a dime.

Sure, but the downside is it encourages shady operators. Too bad this is so common. Otherwise it would actually be more entertaining.

And, I think that is the crux of most of these comments....so many of us have seen these done enough times to rip people off, they no longer are something we want to see and definitely don't want to be part of.

I doubt any of the comments were directly directed at the OP, but rather the style of the auction and how there really are no winners; except the seller. A "pig in a poke" comes to mind.

It's kind of like gambling in vegas, but worse. Or, buying a lottery ticket. When we are part of it, we are excited. Now, how many people actually win? Or, better, win big? We all want to believe there is a chance....but, it won't happen :(

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well class what did we all learn from this?

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Type2 said:

@Type2 said:

"There's a sucker born every minute" - P. T. Barnum

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options

If it looks to good it probable is. Better to pay for what you get then looking to go short.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member