Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

RIP Bobby Doerr

mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭
edited November 14, 2017 6:19PM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Surprised nobody bothered to mention this yet but the baseball world lost a legend yesterday, Bobby Doerr, who at 99 (and 220 days so not too far from 100) was the oldest living hall of famer. He finally gets to join his other three teammates and lifelong friends, Ted, Dom and Johnny--RIP Bobby.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/bobby-doerr-red-sox-legend-and-oldest-living-hall-of-famer-dies-at-99/ar-BBEWMVv?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Comments

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP, Bobby Doerr.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

sad news

RIP

Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

You wonder how many phone calls Bobby Orr's family has received in last 24 hours.

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    msassinmsassin Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭

RIP Mr. Doerr.....an end of an era of MLB HOFers that signed everything for next to nothing....disappointing his death barely made the news.

• Options
    psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

Led the PCL in hits with 238 as an eighteen year old in 1936! Last of the living players from the 1930's. If not for his bad back he would have even better lifetime stats.

R.I.P. Robert Pershing Doerr

Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭

Sad news but what a life the man lived. RIP

• Options
    muffinsmuffins Posts: 469 ✭✭✭

definitely lived a full life!

one of my personal favs: