Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

My Russian Mystery!

Hi there,

I've been racking my brain over these mystery tokens. They were in an envelope marked Russia America, and are obviously stamped with Cyrillic letters. Somebody on Reddit pointed out that one of them "PAK" could be for the Russian-American Company, but unfortunately the only pieces associated with them I've been able to locate are seal-skin notes. I've been trying to figure out the denomination with the "Y" (ch) letter, but can't figure that out either. Has anybody ever seen these? They look like tin, are about 1-1.3 grams each. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    sylsyl Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine on another site, who is a Russian collector, wasn't familiar with your tokens, though the "could" be RAC tokens .. but most of those were sealskin. Here is what he suggested:

"I recommend that the owner post his question in the Russian forum at coinpeople.com - there are some pretty smart people there, including people who post on the Russian language site coins.su who would likely be kind enough to repost his question there and repost in English any answers received."

• Options

Awesome, I really appreciate the suggestion! I'll get right on it and hopefully I'll get the answer!

• Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

I did a search of the Cyrillic characters for myself (I speak some Russian but am not fluent) and noticed that someone with far greater Russian skills than mine has already translated the question into Russian on the "Staraya Moneta" (old coins) forum.

Link: http://www.staraya-moneta.ru/forum/messages/forum51/topic182334/message1913744/#message1913744

Kind regards,

George

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.