Home Sports Talk
Options

NON SPORTS ? about making a DVD from vacation photos

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm leaving in a couple of weeks for a 3 week visit to Australia and New Zealand. Upon return, I'd like to compile my best photos into a visual and audio presentation on a DVD. I'm trying to find the name of the software that allows me to do this. I don't want to just stick a thumb drive into my tv and move from pic to pic.

The software I'm looking for allows for a choice of music to accompany the pics, including a word or two that tells the viewer about the upcoming scenes, these words fade away and then on to the scene(s). The software would include several editorial and special effects to incorporate, or not. I'm thinking some cool didgeridoo music would be perfect for the Australian portion of the trip.

Thanks for all input/advice.
Al

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,533 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m not a tech guy by any stretch but the idea sounds great and I’m sure with a good cellphone you can start with videos etc. have an awesome and safe trip Al, I for one would love to see some photos of a once in s lifetime trip.

• Options

Tks Paul...I'll be in LA on Thanksgiviing then that night it's on to Sydney...15.5 hours. :(
    We get on the cruise on the 25th which is mostly in New Zealand. I'll try to post a pic or two when I return.

Take care my friend.
    Al

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MCMLVTopps said:
    I'm leaving in a couple of weeks for a 3 week visit to Australia and New Zealand. Upon return, I'd like to compile my best photos into a visual and audio presentation on a DVD. I'm trying to find the name of the software that allows me to do this. I don't want to just stick a thumb drive into my tv and move from pic to pic.

The software I'm looking for allows for a choice of music to accompany the pics, including a word or two that tells the viewer about the upcoming scenes, these words fade away and then on to the scene(s). The software would include several editorial and special effects to incorporate, or not. I'm thinking some cool didgeridoo music would be perfect for the Australian portion of the trip.

Thanks for all input/advice.
    Al

If you're on Windows, then Movie Maker will do this.

• Options

Thanks Tabe...this may be the ticket...IF I can figure out how to use it.

• Options
    ADGADG Posts: 423 ✭✭✭

iDVD on a Mac

"The vaccines work,” Trump said, adding that the people who “get very sick and go to the hospital” are unvaccinated.
    “Look, the results of the vaccine are very good, and if you do get it, it’s a very minor form,” Trump continued. “People aren’t dying when they take the vaccine.”
    Do your part, America 💉😷