Home Sports Talk
Options

Greenie's New TV Show

PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been a fan of Mike Greenberg for a long time, and with a substantial commute, have been a regular listener to Mike and Mike for years.

So now their radio show is ending, and Greenie will have a TV show from 7-10 AM. I'm not a media expert by any means, but I don't understand how this is an upward move. Maybe as someone with two (still fairly young) children I'm not typical, but I won't see a nanosecond of that show, at least not live, whereas in the car I could listen to my heart's content. I can tolerate Golic as a co-host, but I have no interest in Golic/Wingo going forward. I'm hoping there will be night time re-shows of the Greenie show, but it still won't be the same.

It must make economic sense somehow, but it sure doesn't work for me.

Comments

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 6, 2017 3:52PM

Enjoyed Mike and Mike 7 or 8 years ago. The combo got stale though. Same with the Jim Rome schtick. I am a fan of Amy Lawrence, Freddie Coleman and Scott Feralll. Beyond that, I would rather listen to elevator music.

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not a fan of all the Greenie/Golic schtick, but I do think Greenberg has a real knack for framing a discussion, and I'd like to listen to a solo show of his. I still don't get who is able to watch from 7-10 AM.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PaulMaul said:
    I'm not a fan of all the Greenie/Golic schtick, but I do think Greenberg has a real knack for framing a discussion, and I'd like to listen to a solo show of his. I still don't get who is able to watch from 7-10 AM.

Old "get off my lawn" geezers and the unemployed mainly

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

As long as it doesn't overlap the Leave it to Beaver reruns.