Home Sports Talk
Options

WHOEVER CALLED THAT DEFENSE AT THE END OF THE HALF OF THE COWBOY GAME.........

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

SHOULD BE FIRED ON THE SPOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Play a regular defense for crying out loud!!!!!! GEEZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

My fantasy team thanks you!! Smith TD!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@grote15 said:

I have never been sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mad in my life.......WHAT A STUPID CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options

You say it's stupid but what team doesn't put everyone at the goal line for what everyone expects to be a hail mary?

Hindsight is always 20/20~if secondary plays up and a KC wideout gets behind them for a TD, you'd say that was the dumbest defensive call.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@grote15 said:
    You say it's stupid but what team doesn't put everyone at the goal line for what everyone expects to be a hail mary?

Hindsight is always 20/20~if secondary plays up and a KC wideout gets behind them for a TD, you'd say that was the dumbest defensive call.

No....I play a 4-3 front and put the 4 DB's back....no way you score on that. You can't play everybody back and give them a free for half of it and then they have all the blockers......STUPID....STUPID.....STUPID!!!!! My way and the way it should be played....they might not even get a pass off.

It's by far the WORST defensive call I have EVER seen.!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    edited November 5, 2017 7:51PM

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

No....I play a 4-3 front and put the 4 DB's back....no way you score on that. You can't play everybody back and give them a free for half of it and then they have all the blockers......STUPID....STUPID.....STUPID!!!!! My way and the way it should be played....they might not even get a pass off.

LOL, nothing like calling the play after the fact...you are so predictable, lol..

Just give Hill credit for making an amazing play...screaming and yelling about a play that wound up having no impact on the outcome of the game is a useless waste of energy.

• Options

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

LOL, nothing like calling the play after the fact...you are so predictable, lol..

Just give Hill credit for making an amazing play...screaming and yelling about a play that wound up having no impact on the outcome of the game is a useless waste of energy.

No way they score if you play it straight up......NO WAY!!!!!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

Does it even matter? It was a fluke play that probably no one but Tyreek Hill could make. It didn't affect the outcome, so why even dwell on it. You should be happy about the defensive effort, which was markedly better today than in weeks past, particularly the pass rush.

• Options

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

Does it even matter? It was a fluke play that probably no one but Tyreek Hill could make. It didn't affect the outcome, so why even dwell on it. You should be happy about the defensive effort, which was markedly better today than in weeks past, particularly the pass rush.

I know what you are saying, but it did affect the game. I t enabled them to go ahead on their first possession of the 2nd half.
    I just hate stupidity and out coaching staff abounds with it.

Rant over.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

I have never been sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mad in my life.......WHAT A STUPID CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love your passion Dimeman. That is why sports are played. Just don't blow out an artery.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

you sure the culpability falls squarely on the shoulders of the coaches, d-man? what about the SEVEN Cowboys defenders in the vicinity of the end zone picking their noses and scratching their asses? those dudes acted like Tyreek Hill was a hand grenade about to detonate

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

and I constantly remind myself that it's not possible to know with any certainty what might have happened, I guess the Dimeman can see the future. one thing I do sort of know, the assistant coaches are smarter than Dimeman and there's a reason why they play certain defensive schemes at certain times, things like probability and tendencies of the other Team.

the strategy employed in this case works more often than it fails, that's why Teams use it. I think Dimeman just likes climbing into the squirrel cage.

• Options

@keets said:

and I constantly remind myself that it's not possible to know with any certainty what might have happened, I guess the Dimeman can see the future. one thing I do sort of know, the assistant coaches are smarter than Dimeman and there's a reason why they play certain defensive schemes at certain times, things like probability and tendencies of the other Team.

the strategy employed in this case works more often than it fails, that's why Teams use it. I think Dimeman just likes climbing into the squirrel cage.

Keets - that's a bunch of BS! I have NEVER seen that stupid play used...much less work. You cant give the QB a free pass and expect good things to happen.

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

it's done all the time and called the "prevent defense" which you know. I hate it too but it is statistically sound. as for "hail Mary" passes they are called that for a reason and fail more often than they succeed.

• Options

@keets said:
    it's done all the time and called the "prevent defense" which you know. I hate it too but it is statistically sound. as for "hail Mary" passes they are called that for a reason and fail more often than they succeed.

That was not a prevent defense! In this case I would have used the prevent defense. In the prevent defense you still rush 3 or 4 linemen. You just can't give them a "FREE" pass! Come on!

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

That play just shows how much the Cowboys dominated the Chiefs.
    We needed a fluke play to make the score look halfway close.
    Without it the score is 28-10.
    Chiefs looking terrible, they would never be able to beat the Eagles now like
    they did earlier in the season.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:
    That play just shows how much the Cowboys dominated the Chiefs..
    they did earlier in the season.

Alex Smith throws his first INT. Today some idiot on sports talk radio is speculating "because he's always been a journeyman" he may be benched. Its getting so I can't even listen to sports radio. Every other buffoon has to give us some retarded "Hot Take" .

Other hot takes heard this morning , Texans need to get Kap. Sure thats going to happen. :D The only thing more controversial than hiring that guy would be cutting him in a week or 3 when t doesn't work

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dimeman...you gotta chill my friend. This is just a football game, that really has zero bearing on your life. I lost count at over 50 exclamation marks, that's like serious anger. So you think it was a bad call, geez, let it go, you can't change the outcome, the call or anything about it. In the scheme of life, To profess that you've never been so mad in all your life is kinda telling...how can such a nothing do so much to you emotionally? Your team won the game didn't they?

Take some deep breaths, it's only football, no more, no less.

Personally, I've chosen to not watch any NFL football, and I have the NFL ticket free this year.

• Options

@MCMLVTopps said:
    Dimeman...you gotta chill my friend. This is just a football game, that really has zero bearing on your life. I lost count at over 50 exclamation marks, that's like serious anger. So you think it was a bad call, geez, let it go, you can't change the outcome, the call or anything about it. In the scheme of life, To profess that you've never been so mad in all your life is kinda telling...how can such a nothing do so much to you emotionally? Your team won the game didn't they?

Take some deep breaths, it's only football, no more, no less.

Personally, I've chosen to not watch any NFL football, and I have the NFL ticket free this year.

You are right again......I just hate STUPIDITY! :)B)

• Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

I think the Cowboys were obviously expecting either a Hail Mary or a hook and ladder. The D was set up to defend the Hail Mary, and the hook and ladder rarely works. The problem was, Hill never lateraled, and instead carved up the Dallas D. Playmakers can sometimes do that. But we still won, and that's what counts.

At least we are not the Giants. They gave up a 3rd and 33...not just for a first down but for a touchdown. Not that it would have made a significant difference, but some of the players simply seemed to give up. (Looking at you Eli Apple)

DM - I was miffed too. But less at the play call and more at the be execution. That said, we need to win our division games and we should be OK.

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options

In retrospect, KC set up that play like a punt with Hill running downfield as if on a punt return with blockers in front. It was a terrific play. and one that virtually no player but Hill would have been able to effectively execute.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

sometimes one just has to give credit where credit is due. It was a beautifully drawn up and well executed play

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@Justacommeman said:
    sometimes one just has to give credit where credit is due. It was a beautifully drawn up and well executed play

m

Yes, but what fun is there in that??? LOL..

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

DM. If this is what has made you the angriest in your entire life (and I believe you are about my age) you my friend have had a charmed life.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

m

The only reason it worked is because of the silly defense called by some idiot on the Cowboy sideline. It had Jason Garrett written all over it.

• Options

It had Jason Garrett written all over it.

Garrett doesn't call defensive plays.

He's also doing a pretty good job thus far...you should be giving him credit where credit is due.

• Options

@grote15 said:

He's also doing a pretty good job thus far...you should be giving him credit where credit is due.

I would replace him in a heartbeat! We win in spite of him. He is worthless. He sucked at QB too.....just a little better than Romo.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

I would replace him in a heartbeat! We win in spite of him. He is worthless. He sucked at QB too.....just a little better than Romo.

You truly have no idea..