Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Thoughts on chance to cross? SGC to PSA

Realistic chance of this crossing to a PSA 2.5? PSA 2.0? Card has surface issues and a small crease lower right corner as shown.

I don't grade a lot of cards and wondering if it would be worth the money to get in a PSA holder instead even if it only came back a 2.

Buying US Presidential autographs

Comments

• thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    edited October 28, 2018 7:46PM

WOW Just saw where it would cost $800 to grade if valued at 10k. That's too rich for me. I'll keep it as is.

• garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭

$800 for 5 minutes work. I'm in the wrong business.

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭

I certainly wouldn’t count on it, as PSA very rarely crosses over with the same grade as SGC

Why do you want to try to cross it over? If you are going to be selling it, then it might make sense to shoot for even a PSA 2, as it will probably still get more than SGC 2.5. Other than for that reason, it’s just not worth the $800 to me

The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

Why $800?

PackManInNC
  • MrHockeyMrHockey Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

@mexpo75 said:
    Why $800?

declared value --> higher service level

• muffinsmuffins Posts: 469 ✭✭✭
    edited November 4, 2017 9:14AM

i think it crosses into a straight two and is worth the $800.

some cards do look better in sgc holders, but the '52 mantle is not one of them.

eta: the brand, the registry and the better looking look will get more eyes and most likely more dollars when ya sell.

• PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭

I don't know what sells better in which holder but I will say you've got a great card there.

• baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭

beautiful card!!

Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

What is the market currently like for these low grade Mantles? Wondering if I could get by with a declared value of $9999 for this if I sent it to PSA which would make the grading fee $300 instead of the $900 grading fee now for cards $10k and up?

Nevermind, I just sent a message to Joe to get a definitive answer about pricing instead of speculation. Thanks,

MIke

• Huskies11Huskies11 Posts: 312 ✭✭✭

I think it will more than likely end up at a PSA 2. That being said, and this is my own personal preference, I believe it's probably worth it based on getting it into a PSA slab. It may increase its market value even though it's technically receiving a lower grade. That and the 52 Mick looks great in the PSA holder :)

Currently Collecting:

• Baseball: Griffey Jr, Red Sox, 80s/90s/00s
    • Basketball: Jordan, Bird, 80s/90s
    • Football: Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Patriots
    • Hockey: Gretzky, Buffalo Sabres

Flickr: https://flickr.com/gp/184724292@N07/686763

• HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

@Huskies11 said:
    I think it will more than likely end up at a PSA 2. That being said, and this is my own personal preference, I believe it's probably worth it based on getting it into a PSA slab. It may increase its market value even though it's technically receiving a lower grade. That and the 52 Mick looks great in the PSA holder :)

This

• CakesCakes Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had a similar decision on a Hank rookie. After my auction completed I sure wish I had taken the time and had it crossed over to PSA. I left good money on the table.

I rushed because I was getting ready to do about 7.5k in repairs and upgrades to my basement and I didn't want to wait for the whole process to unfold.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • I don't like that SGC calls the card a rookie on their label.

• secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 30, 2018 9:19AM

@saraceno21 said:
    I don't like that SGC calls the card a rookie on their label.

I don't have a problem with it since current cards of 2018 and beyond have 100s of rookies for each player. We all know the actual clarification of the 52 Topps vs 51 Bowman, but there are not many cards out there where a 2nd year issue even comes close to the actual RC for value or desirability. This card defies the norm set by all others as an anomaly.

edited December 1, 2018 6:57AM

Nm