Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Post your best crossover results

Post a picture of your best crossover results. Anyone got an example where the grade went up?

My best crossed over to the same grade, but I was still happy.......and 1 of them is the card of the all time MLB home run king. Notice how I am not saying which one that is (except that it's not Johnny Ray)...

Comments

• Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭✭✭

1958 Ernie Banks SBC-84 (7)------PSA-8!

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

@mintonlypls said:

crackout or crossover?

• Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭✭✭

@secretstash said:

@mintonlypls said:

crackout or crossover?

Crossover...

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had two SGC 9s cross to PSA 9. Years ago I cracked a BVG 4.5 1956 Mantle and sent it to PSA. It came back a PSA 7.
    James

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

These were both crackouts that I sent in.

imageimage
    imageimage

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here was one that did not go so well. Thought for sure I had a PSA 7 and a long shot at an 8 as I thought the SGC grade was generous. Probably the best looking PSA 4 for this card you will find.
    imageimage

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

@JBrules said:
    Here was one that did not go so well. Thought for sure I had a PSA 7 and a long shot at an 8 as I thought the SGC grade was generous. Probably the best looking PSA 4 for this card you will find.
    imageimage

yikes!!!!!!!!!! grader of death

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBrules said:
    imageimage

You sure there isn't a slight crease or something wrong with the card stock? I had a 84 Topps Mattingly RC that i was sure would get a 9 or 10. Had it since I was a kid and bought it from a LCS back in the early 90's. It was one of the first cards I subbed to PSA. Came back a PSA 5. I was in shock, I couldn't for the life of me figure out what was wrong. Once I finally bought a loupe that clips to my phone I was finally able to find the issue. Slight creasing in some spots on the face of the card and paper loss on two corners, almost can't be seen with the naked eye.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had a '58 Giants team card go from an 88 to a PSA 5. As soon as I cracked it out, I noticed it had wrinkles on the back surface. I wonder if the card had been soaked before grading to temporarily spoon out the wrinkles after which they re-appeared at a later time?

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

Crossed this one over from SGC and thought it could have been higher, but was pleased with the results - like the card no matter what the grade says.

• Options
    mb2005mb2005 Posts: 165 ✭✭

Just from the picture, I would have guessed a 5 for that Cobb, centering and corners look great....I wonder if they made it a 4 because they didn't want to go above the SGC grade.

• Options
    muffinsmuffins Posts: 469 ✭✭✭

not sure how to gauge a best crossover but here's a recent one mixed w a lil review action:

was:

to:

reviewed and now in an ever-so important numerical holder:

and sent back in and gonna start climbing the ladder...

• Options
    georgebailey2georgebailey2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭
    edited November 3, 2017 6:02PM

The Henry was an SGC 7.5 and the Mohns was a KSA 8 - both were crack-outs

• Options
    ndwsndws Posts: 132 ✭✭

@dictoresno said:

@JBrules said:
    imageimage

You sure there isn't a slight crease or something wrong with the card stock? I had a 84 Topps Mattingly RC that i was sure would get a 9 or 10. Had it since I was a kid and bought it from a LCS back in the early 90's. It was one of the first cards I subbed to PSA. Came back a PSA 5. I was in shock, I couldn't for the life of me figure out what was wrong. Once I finally bought a loupe that clips to my phone I was finally able to find the issue. Slight creasing in some spots on the face of the card and paper loss on two corners, almost can't be seen with the naked eye.

What loupe and phone do you use? I've had a couple cards I've sent in more than once that consistently get a lower grade than I would have expected, so I'm guessing its something similar to what you found, its just my eyes aren't catching it.