Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA holder different than another of the same card, anyone know why?

Just received this Rookie Radar Orange /25 back from PSA and noticed its encapsulated in different holder than the other Rookie Radar card I previously had graded. It looks like its in a holder for slightly larger cards with the soft sleeve inside to hold the card (like the one used for undersized cards). The regular version of this card has the standard frosted case thats more fit for the card. Is this normal for higher end cards to keep them from bouncing around their regular holders? This is the only card I have got back recently with this kind of holder other than a mini A&G Judge and a Topps 1959 Bazooka Archives card. Not complaining at all, just curious since ive never seen a normal sized card with this kind of holder. The card seems extra secure and doesn't shift around in this one like it does in others

myslabs.to/smzcards

Comments

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cards that are slightly oversized are encapsulated the way the orange one is, with the bigger inner well and held in place by the mylar sleeve.

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok thanks. Well this card is the standard size, guess it’s better protected with the sleeve anyways.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have cards from the same set that are in two different holders. One with the mylar sleeve and one without just as you showcase. It is my understanding it is the sealer who determines where they land. Earlier this year I sent in a newly discovered set and split the orders between two CC renewal voucher subs. I have part of the set in the mylar holder and the other without. I was kind of bummed but not the end of the world.

In terms of protection there are cards that are in the millions in the floating slab so you can feel confident it will be okay.

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually like the Mylar one for this because the card doesn’t shift around like the normal one does. So I happy with the sealers choice for this rarer Card.

myslabs.to/smzcards