Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

The Coins of Queen Isabel II of Spain

I was uncertain which forum to put this in since I primarily intend this as an announcement, but since the book can be purchased I've placed it in BST.

Those of you familiar with my collecting interest know that I've been researching contemporary documents and studying a huge number of coins of Queen Isabel II of Spain and Philippines.

After many years of study and documentation I am pleased to present:

The Coins of Queen Isabel II of Spain : A Detailed Study of the Coins, Patterns, and Medals of Her Reign.

As with many areas of numismatics, it is a niche market, so only 250 copies were published. But for those interested in this fascinating period in Spanish history and the four different monetary systems employed during Isabel's reign, I'm confident you will find this a valuable resource. The European numismatic news publication, Coins Weekly, describes the book as:

"...an important contribution to the Spanish monetary history of the 19th century." and

"...presents the coin trade with a new catalog that will soon become the standard reference..."

The book is being offered exclusively through Kolbe & Fanning Numismatic Booksellers at their website and through Amazon and AbeBooks and each of those links provide more information and sample pages from the book.

My sincere thanks to all those forumites, auctioneers, dealers, and others who guided my early forays into world coins and provided coins of Isabel II for review and purchase. I'm earnestly glad to now be able to contribute something to the numismatic community in return.