Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

"1836-O" Contemporary Counterfeit Bust Half Dollar. Fine to Very Fine [uncertified].

1836-O Contemporary Counterfeit Bust Half Dollar. Fine to Very Fine [uncertified].

Davignon 4-D. One of the delights of the Bogus Bustie series. A date that doesn’t exist in the “real world”; the counterfeiters in the 1840’s must have seen a genuine 1839-O bust half and assumed there were other dates with an obverse O mintmark. There are ten examples reported. $975.

Plenty of other fresh coins just uploaded to my site.

Prices range from $65 to over $200,000.

Coins you don't often see for sale: Key dates in high grades, rarities, contemporary counterfeits, beautiful toners, early gold, territorial gold, etc.

Check 'em out:
davewcoins.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html

Dave Wnuck. Redbook contributor; long time PNG Member; listed on the PCGS Board of Experts. PM me with your email address to receive my e-newsletter, and visit DaveWcoins.com Find me on eBay at davewcoins

Comments

• Options
    RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭✭✭

I looked over the list, and thought the 1836-O half was extremely cool!
    Dave always has some cool coins!

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• Options
    KoinickerKoinicker Posts: 289 ✭✭✭

FYI - for anyone interested in this 1836-O, keep in mind this is one of the only examples known still with its silvering intact. The underlying planchet composition of this variety is known in either brass or billion (a mix of predominantly copper and less silver, although there is no exact billon alloy)