Home Sports Talk
Options

If Adrian Gonzalez doesn't care, I sure as hell don't.

CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was just getting back into watching major league baseball after a two decade hiatus, then I read about this dolt. Out injured and instead of staying with his team, the Dodgers, he heads off on a long European holiday.

Where the hell is management. They are paying the bum $20,000,000 a year.

The owners and managers fear the players in the NBA MLB and NFL.

Time to start watching the NHL again. Is Hockey Night In Canada still on??

Comments

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 26, 2017 8:30PM

That report (I saw it also) was/is false!

ESPN refuted it yesterday, and reported that Adrian accompanied his wife on a trip to Europe last week. They further reported that he was on the field yesterday during BP. Evidently, since he was left off the post-season roster, and was also not named as a possible injury replacement, he can not, per MLB rules, be in the dugout during games.

Here's a link to the LA Times story about it:

latimes.com/sports/la-sp-dodgers-adrian-gonzalez-20171025-story.html

And here's the Yahoo Sports story:

https://sports.yahoo.com/odd-story-adrian-gonzalezs-whereabouts-world-series-230510100.html

So, FAKE NEWS!

Steve

• Options

Then he can be in the front row supporting his team. Bunch of damn snowflakes.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 27, 2017 7:04AM

@Coinstartled said:

We are going to have to clear you under the Sports Forum concussion protocol again before you can post further

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:
    Is Hockey Night In Canada still on??

Yes, but sadly Peter Puck is gone ;)

Daniel
  • Options
    edited October 27, 2017 6:16AM

Indeed it is. Growing up as a kid in Detroit watching Hockey Night in Canada as a family was mandatory at 8 pm on Saturday night. You could miss church on Sunday but not Hockey Night in Canada on Saturday. Hockey was religion in our household

Danny Gallivan and Howie Meeker were the best

And of course Don Cherry would fit in on this forum well

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 27, 2017 6:38AM

@Justacommeman said:

Indeed it is. Growing up as a kid in Detroit watching Hockey Night in Canada as a family was mandatory at 8 pm on Saturday night. You could miss church on Sunday but not Hockey Night in Canada on Saturday. Hockey was religion in our household

Danny Gallivan and Howie Meeker were the best

And of course Don Cherry would fit in on this forum well

Way back in the early 70's when I was a kid I owned a board game where the players built hockey teams . There were cards for each player and they were parodies of real players at the time , whether they did that as a goof or because they were not allowed to use real people I don't know. But Howie Meeker was all over the rule book , his face was on the back of the box I think too.

It was actually a pretty cool game . I think it was called Face Off or something like that

edited to say Eureka I found one on Ebay

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/FACE-OFF-1974-HOCKEY-MANAGEMENT-BOARD-GAME-BRAND-NEW-IN-ORIGINAL-PACKAGING/263174625552?hash=item3d466e1910:g:RZEAAOSwB3tZpWqe

• Options

mark

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SDSportsFan said:
    That report (I saw it also) was/is false!

ESPN refuted it yesterday, and reported that Adrian accompanied his wife on a trip to Europe last week. They further reported that he was on the field yesterday during BP. Evidently, since he was left off the post-season roster, and was also not named as a possible injury replacement, he can not, per MLB rules, be in the dugout during games.

Here's a link to the LA Times story about it:

latimes.com/sports/la-sp-dodgers-adrian-gonzalez-20171025-story.html

And here's the Yahoo Sports story:

https://sports.yahoo.com/odd-story-adrian-gonzalezs-whereabouts-world-series-230510100.html

So, FAKE NEWS!

Steve

Don't let facts get in the way, LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@Justacommeman said:
    mark

I would want to put Bobby and Brad on defense but it never worked out that way. There was that goalie "Ken" that I hated in real life that I would not allow on my roster even though he was the highest rated

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

@Coinstartled said:

We are going to have to clear you under the Forum concussion protocol again before you can post again.

mark

There must not be many sports left he allows himself
    to watch. Maybe water polo, has anybody in the world of water polo done anything to
    offend coinstartled?

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options

He sure talks a lot about all the sports he doesn't watch anymore

m

• Options
    edited October 27, 2017 10:27AM

@Justacommeman said:

@Coinstartled said:

We are going to have to clear you under the Sports Forum concussion protocol again before you can post further

mark

You're just excited Mark, because his wife is a shoe designer.

;)

• Options

@Darin said:

@Justacommeman said:

@Coinstartled said:

We are going to have to clear you under the Forum concussion protocol again before you can post again.

mark

There must not be many sports left he allows himself
    to watch. Maybe water polo, has anybody in the world of water polo done anything to
    offend coinstartled?

Al Kaline would have been with him team, injured or not. Same with Mickey Lolich.

At the end of a season in any sport, the mega wealthy athletes leave for destinations around the globe, as the fans, locked into ice tombs like Green Bay and Detroit, whimper about the season that could have been.

That is ok.....but at least wait for the season to end.

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:

Love it when people get caught spreading real fake news, but rather than issue a mea culpa and clean up their mess, instead choose to double down.

Who gives a rat's hindquarters what a couple of guys would have done 50 years ago? This is now, and like it or not people do things differently now. Adapt, or continue yelling at clouds, I guess.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

I doubt Lolich or Kaline would be sitting in the stands under those circumstances, anyway.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@TNP777 said:

@Coinstartled said:

Love it when people get caught spreading real fake news, but rather than issue a mea culpa and clean up their mess, instead choose to double down.

Who gives a rat's hindquarters what a couple of guys would have done 50 years ago? This is now, and like it or not people do things differently now. Adapt, or continue yelling at clouds, I guess.

Snow clouds

m

• Options
    edited October 27, 2017 6:43PM

@TNP777 said:

Absolutely no team sport is as tradition laden as baseball. I suggest that many posters on this forum attended their fist baseball game in the 1960's and remember it with the same thrill that I did when I first walked in to Tiger Stadium in 1965.

Should Babe Ruth and Ty Cobb and Satchel Paige be forgotten? What about Eddie Gaedel and Jackie Robinson and Lou Gehrig?

Before you insult every other real baseball fan on the forum....take some time and learn the history of the game.

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    edited October 27, 2017 10:42PM

I’m all for remembering and respecting baseball history. My collection reflects my love for baseball and the stars that played long before I was born. However, expecting today’s athletes to do it like ol’ Satch and the Iron Horse did it back in the olden days is silly.

By the way, Adrian has been with the team for the last two games. Still waiting for you to admit you were spreading fake news.

Say, how’s your canasta game these days? Bet you love to freeze the discard pile.

• Options
    edited October 28, 2017 5:37AM

@TNP777 said:

s.

Say, how’s your canasta game these days? Bet you love to freeze the discard pile.

easy on the canasta bro , thats a fun game . I played it online for years B)

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭

We have entered a time when it is perfectly acceptable to never admit you were wrong, double down on falsehoods and never apologize. If you keep repeating a lie long enough eventually stupid people will think it is true. If the most powerful man in the country does it why wouldn't everyone else?

On the sports side I think the Dodgers are in a little trouble. I am a Kershaw fan so am hoping he has another good game on Sunday. His playoff stats are actually reasonably good on normal rest. Don't really care who wins the WS as long as Kershaw pitches another good game. Unfortunately I don't really like his chances at Minute Maid Park against that Houston lineup with the DH. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Robb

• Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:

@TNP777 said:

Absolutely no team sport is as tradition laden as baseball. I suggest that many posters on this forum attended their fist baseball game in the 1960's and remember it with the same thrill that I did when I first walked in to Tiger Stadium in 1965.

Should Babe Ruth and Ty Cobb and Satchel Paige be forgotten? What about Eddie Gaedel and Jackie Robinson and Lou Gehrig?

Before you insult every other real baseball fan on the forum....take some time and learn the history of the game.

Heck, I'm with ya. Back in the day the best players spit tobacco juice on an injury and were good to go. Miss a World Series game. NEVER! LOL.

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    He sure talks a lot about all the sports he doesn't watch anymore

m

It's like the Yogi-ism......"nobody goes there anymore..it's too crowded!". :)B)o:)>:)