Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Auction advice 1909-11 T213 Ames card

Luke1989Luke1989 Posts: 136 ✭✭

I am tracking an auction for a T213 Ames Cincy card (arms over head)

I have searched eBay's completed listings for this card but have not found one that has the same back as this one....

The auction is at $10 with a few days left and I was wondering if anyone has knowledge of this card and could give me some advice on how high I should bid for this guy.

The quality of it seems fair.

Comments

• Options
    seablasterseablaster Posts: 188 ✭✭✭

Just as a friendly FYI, it's not a T206 card. It's a T213-2 Coupon Cigarettes card.

• Options

Well thank you very much! I do not know much except 60's topps and I want to get into some older cards. Thank you I will search that on eBay and maybe find some. (I found a few on eBay last time but none with the same back)

• Options

Just searched eBay's finished listings of all T213 cards and none are the one above. Will do some googling unless anyone here can give a guestimation on value of the card

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 26, 2017 4:26PM

@Luke1989 said:
    Just searched eBay's finished listings of all T213 cards and none are the one above. Will do some googling unless anyone here can give a guestimation on value of the card

It is a 1914 card.
    1914 T213 Coupon Cigs. Type 2

It is a pop 4 with highest graded a PSA 3, but will likely grade a 1. I don't think it is valued over $50 if graded, but I don't study these cards. To note: Total population of all cards has PSA 6 as a pop 1 with none higher for all cards so keep an eye out for a higher grade one.
    https://www.psacard.com/pop/baseball-cards/1914/t213-coupon-cigs-type-2/35313

• Options
    seablasterseablaster Posts: 188 ✭✭✭

If you're looking to immerse yourself in prewar, buying a small grouping of beater T206s will teach you a lot. There is something very tangible about handling them directly and learning about their printing idiosyncrasies.

I would not place much emphasis on pop reports for this particular card. Prewar guys aren't going to be in a fervor to get this card graded, because as secretstash indicated, it would probably grade a 1 / POOR due to the paper loss on the reverse.

I don't follow Coupon values, but I wouldn't pay more than $25-$30 for it. Keep in mind the buyer's premium if you're buying from an auction house that utilizes them.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@secretstash said:

I don't dabble in much prewar BB, but I've got to get a copy of that Jennings pose. Classic!