Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Be REALLY REALLY CAREFUL with the "new" eBay Feedback change!

topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

In their legendary wisdom, eBay has changed feedback to a ......"simpler" :D:D:# form and the first box asks if you are satisfied, if you're not careful you can answer "NO" thinking you are rating the new stupid form, but in reality it will be leaving NEGATIVE feedback on the transaction.

Good thing eBay is already rich. Jeez! :#

Comments

• Options
    thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea, I goofed that up a little bit the first time too....You have to wonder why ?

• Options
    PRECIOUSMENTALPRECIOUSMENTAL Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the heads up!
    Haven't purchased from e-bay for a month or so.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,848 ✭✭✭✭✭

My experiences made me laugh more, even though it's not funny.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yet another reason not to bother leaving feedback.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Feedback is NOT the only thing they have changed!!!!!! AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Please if it's not broke don't fix it!!!!

• Options

Yeah, the damn thing is that they get you INTO this new MESS by using the, "TAKE THE TOUR" ruse.

Sooooo....... you look at it and it asks if you are...satisfied.

Wellll....nooooooo..... I think your new feature is STOOPID !!!

BUT.... if you answer "no" it is rating your purchase.

Ain't that just swell? I...hope.... the seller got a positive after all the hoopla. :s

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

With Dimeman on this.

• Options
    mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 24, 2017 12:41PM

At least some of the "improved" features allow you to click a link to return to the "old format," like the purchase history page. Unfortunately, no such option seems to exist for feedback. I really don't like that they make you submit feedback for each item one at a time in a separate little box. Before, if you selected "all" feedback (which now you can't even do until you finish the first feedback), you could fill out as many items as you wanted before submitting once.

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

You have to wonder who is minding the store and what they are smoking. From a friend's farm last year. I don't smoke.
    IOhttps://i.imgur.com/2IDsOdr.jpg

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,512 ✭✭✭✭✭

im with dimeman as well on this.

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for info!

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options

@logger7 said:
    You have to wonder who is minding the store and what they are smoking. From a friend's farm last year. I don't smoke.

Not only at eBay, but I was thinking the other day about ALL the people who work at companies who get things running...RIGHT!

Pity them.

The only way they can keep their jobs is to CHANGE stuff.
    This is endemic in the modern corporate environment.

Once some damn fool gets up at a meeting and says he "can actualize some potential intuitive user interface", and some gink thinks they should implement a more aggressive fulfillment of the organizational goals ...... something is gonna get screwed up.

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

@topstuf said:

@logger7 said:

Not only at eBay, but I was thinking the other day about ALL the people who work at companies who get things running...RIGHT!

Pity them.

Once some damn fool gets up at a meeting and says he "can actualize some potential intuitive user interface", and some gink thinks they should implement a more aggressive fulfillment of the organizational goals ...... something is gonna get screwed up.

It's awesome, amazing and unbelievable the way they can leverage their relationships and stay in the ballpark with their bottom lines; trying hard to incentivize technology while prioritizing, itemizing, remaining proactive and put to bed worries. They push the envelope hard enduring many paradigm shifts and stay results driven with lots of synergy. Push back from customers are straw men arguments.

• Options

@logger7 said:

@topstuf said:

@logger7 said:

Pity them.

It's awesome, amazing and unbelievable the way they can leverage their relationships and stay in the ballpark with their bottom lines; trying hard to incentivize technology while prioritizing, itemizing, remaining proactive and put to bed worries. They push the envelope hard enduring many paradigm shifts and stay results driven with lots of synergy. Push back from customers are straw men arguments.

we're putting new coversheets on all the TPS reports before they go out now. So if you could go ahead and try to remember to do that from now on,

• Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

@topstuf said:

@logger7 said:

>

Once some damn fool gets up at a meeting and says he "can actualize some potential intuitive user interface", and some gink thinks>

Now there's a word I've never seen before.

• Options

Definition is well known in coin shops. :D

• Options
    thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭✭✭

Remember last year, they wanted to do away with 'Turbolister'......?
    I think they had the 'riot act' read to them on that one......

• Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

They must have a team of folks that look for ways to change things.

Larry

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,988 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PRECIOUSMENTAL said:
    Thanks for the heads up!
    Haven't purchased from e-bay for a month or so.

eBay sells coins?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file