Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anybody sell a complete PSA graded set ?

If so, did you break the set up and sell as singles or sell set complete ?

Comments

• Options
    tbonewillytbonewilly Posts: 424 ✭✭✭

I had a complete 75 mini set a year ago, I found it was better to sell off individually, it took awhile, but I used VCP and figured out good prices and the good ones went quick and just a few took longer than I expected

Ken - Volunteered to work in Florida Keys, now freezing in Ohio
    Work in progress - Unopened Racks/Cello/Wax with star power for Baseball, Football and Basketball
    Collecting unopened 80's boxes and graded packs
    I may be hoarding too much 80's junk wax but I like it!
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

I sold a complete PSA 7-8 1960 Topps baseball set a card at a time on eBay, all auction format starting at $0.99 each with free shipping. The total, after shipping was right at VCP. In other words, a wash.

• Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

I got my butt handed to me allowing an auction "house" to auction it off all at once as singles. If you have the time I'd recommend you do it individually.

Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

See my PSA 9 set break on this board completed 2 days ago....

• Options
    Mickey MaysMickey Mays Posts: 289 ✭✭✭
    edited October 24, 2017 5:37AM

@bobsbbcards said:
    I sold a complete PSA 7-8 1960 Topps baseball set a card at a time on eBay, all auction format starting at $0.99 each with free shipping. The total, after shipping was right at VCP. In other words, a wash.

I thought I recognized bobsbbcards, I clinked your PSA set link, your collection of baseball cards is incredible.

Congratulations on a very impressive collection.

• Options
    Mickey MaysMickey Mays Posts: 289 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to decide if I should break up my 66 Topps baseball or sell as complete set.

• Options
    bens4778bens4778 Posts: 112 ✭✭✭

How quickly do you need the money?

For max profit, I would open an Ebay store, list all singles at slightly ambitious (but not too ambitious) prices, and wait. You could include a "Best Offer" feature if you wanted to. But, this method may take awhile, plus it would be labor intensive.

For best timeliness, I would use an Ebay auction house. You will lose a percent to fees, but you will get back the hours of listing, scanning, mailing, etc.

Basically, would you rather make a quick five or a slow ten, so to speak?

• Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

@Rttrffg2012 said:

@bobsbbcards said:

With free shipping? May have been a loss.

It wasn't.

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

For those that have done both which would you do now if given a second chance?

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

I have sold a 1959 topps 7.5 graded set plus 51 bowman football,57 topps football,48 bowman baseball,59 fleer Ted williams 56 Topps football 60 Fleer baseball and 60 nu card scoops football.
    I sold most of them to a very trustworthy dealer after my wife's passing.
    I do have a 35 Goudey set on ebay at this time.

Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sold a complete (minus Clemente) 1955 Topps Baseball in PSA 6 a while back. The same buyer purchased quite a few 1950s Topps sets at the same time from different buyers. I did quite well on it too.