Home U.S. Coin Forum

eBay Bucks?

BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 22, 2017 8:59PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Locked for maintenance? Down for the count? Click on it under my eBay and all I get is my watch list. Listings don't show eBay Bucks either.

Comments

  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

    No issues for me.
    Maybe close it down and make sure no other instance of the browser is running, then restarting?

    I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

  • 3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

    ...you should never mess around with another mans eBay bucks...eBay should already know this by now...they are acting more and more like an Indian Resevation Casino with every day gone by ;)

  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,290 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Already spent mine - so no issues here! :D

    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Lakesammman said:
    Already spent mine - so no issues here! :D

    I did too, but what about those that you've since accumulated? Are they showing up in your account as earned?

  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @BAJJERFAN said:

    @Lakesammman said:
    Already spent mine - so no issues here! :D

    I did too, but what about those that you've since accumulated? Are they showing up in your account as earned?

    Mine are there, just about instantly after every purchase

  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @mbogoman said:

    @BAJJERFAN said:

    @Lakesammman said:
    Already spent mine - so no issues here! :D

    I did too, but what about those that you've since accumulated? Are they showing up in your account as earned?

    Mine are there, just about instantly after every purchase

    Not for me so must be a temporary glitch.

  • jkrkjkrk Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I was having a problem seeing E-Bay Bucks last quarter and called E-Bay a number of times to make sure all is ok.

    Finally, a rep advised me to stop using Chrome and log in through Firefox. All was taken care of and magically the E-bucks ;listings appeared.

  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @jkrk said:
    I was having a problem seeing E-Bay Bucks last quarter and called E-Bay a number of times to make sure all is ok.

    Finally, a rep advised me to stop using Chrome and log in through Firefox. All was taken care of and magically the E-bucks ;listings appeared.

    That looks to be it, but the only thing with FF is that I have been unable to get sites to keep me logged in after I close it.

  • ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

    FYI: any coin purchased under "bullion" category does NOT earn eBay bucks.

  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • jkrkjkrk Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @BAJJERFAN said:

    @jkrk said:
    I was having a problem seeing E-Bay Bucks last quarter and called E-Bay a number of times to make sure all is ok.

    Finally, a rep advised me to stop using Chrome and log in through Firefox. All was taken care of and magically the E-bucks ;listings appeared.

    That looks to be it, but the only thing with FF is that I have been unable to get sites to keep me logged in after I close it.

    I never noticed that.

    I will say that after using FF with E-Bay for about a week the glitch cleared up. I now see all the E-buck listings on Chrome.

  • jt88jt88 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭✭✭

    If you buy an item with ebay bucks but you return the item can you still get the ebay bucks back? What happens if the ebay bucks is expired after the return? I am just wondering about that. I believe you still get the ebay bucks back if I remembered it correctly. Any one knows it for sure? Thanks.

  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 24, 2017 9:35AM

    @jt88 said:
    If you buy an item with ebay bucks but you return the item can you still get the ebay bucks back? What happens if the ebay bucks is expired after the return? I am just wondering about that. I believe you still get the ebay bucks back if I remembered it correctly. Any one knows it for sure? Thanks.

    Don't really know. Who pays for the Ebay Bucks? The seller or eBay? if you pay using a CC and return an item, you lose any reward points paid by your CC company. Depends upon how sophisticated eBay's system is.

    If you buy and return an item that earns eBay Bucks, I assume you forfeit those bucks as well you should.

  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @jt88 said:
    If you buy an item with ebay bucks but you return the item can you still get the ebay bucks back? What happens if the ebay bucks is expired after the return? I am just wondering about that. I believe you still get the ebay bucks back if I remembered it correctly. Any one knows it for sure? Thanks.

    Yes. I have had this happen a couple times. You get the Ebay Bucks back and extra time to spend them.

  • jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @jt88 said:
    If you buy an item with ebay bucks but you return the item can you still get the ebay bucks back? What happens if the ebay bucks is expired after the return? I am just wondering about that. I believe you still get the ebay bucks back if I remembered it correctly. Any one knows it for sure? Thanks.

    I've had this happen a time or two (I think I actually had to file a claim for item not received or something) and ebay gave me my bucks back to spend again. I am not sure if they last beyond the original use-by period though.

  • blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I had a seller cancel a sale I on a purchase the day before the bucks expired. I was not a happy camper as the cancellation came after the bucks expired and it was 500 eBay bucks. I got the bucks back a few days later and had five days to spend them.

    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,189 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Using Chrome, no issues. And yes you can have a negative balance in ebay bucks because of a return after you spent the bucks. Have had a negative balance in the wife's account for almost a year.

    Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

  • jt88jt88 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @mbogoman said:

    @jt88 said:
    If you buy an item with ebay bucks but you return the item can you still get the ebay bucks back? What happens if the ebay bucks is expired after the return? I am just wondering about that. I believe you still get the ebay bucks back if I remembered it correctly. Any one knows it for sure? Thanks.

    Yes. I have had this happen a couple times. You get the Ebay Bucks back and extra time to spend them.

    Thanks a lot for the reply.

  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Well, it seems to be back to normal now.

  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Now I visit another site where tapatalk is used and that link now takes me [with Chrome] to the tapatalk home page. Be like going to pcgs.com and going to fusetalk. WTF.

  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

    If using IE, go into the settings and restore your defaults. Also clear your cache and your cookies.
    That may help.

    I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

  • gtstanggtstang Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I got a email notice today that mine will expire soon. Maybe this weekend I can find something...

  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Bochiman said:
    If using IE, go into the settings and restore your defaults. Also clear your cache and your cookies.
    That may help.

    Is resetting the defaults the same as resetting internet explorer itself? My IE 9.whatever doesn't work too hot as is.

  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Somewhat, yes. There is always a chance some file is corrupted or compromised, but then it likely wouldn't be really working, most likely.

    Internet explorer
    Internet options
    delete (cookies and temporary files)
    advanced
    restore default

    When I have had problems, sometimes similar, it was resolved by nuking the cookies and temp files but I have restored default once or twice.

    I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

  • Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,613 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Spent mine - spend as soon as get it.

    So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Bochiman said:
    Somewhat, yes. There is always a chance some file is corrupted or compromised, but then it likely wouldn't be really working, most likely.

    Internet explorer
    Internet options
    delete (cookies and temporary files)
    advanced
    restore default

    When I have had problems, sometimes similar, it was resolved by nuking the cookies and temp files but I have restored default once or twice.

    While I don't use it THAT much, when I did it would frequently show a popup that said IE has stopped working. I bit the bullet and reset it. Works fine and I did not lose my favorites.

  • ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I spent mine. This time instead of buying a few cool error coins, I put my ebucks towards a more expensive purchase to bring the cost down on that purchase. Great way to get inventory at a reduced price.

    Here's this quarters pick .....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file