Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Hi, Anyone know what this Randy Myers is worth if certified?⚾⚾⚾⚾ Thank you, Tricia

TriciaTricia Posts: 26

Comments

• Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

A Wilson A1001 baseball goes new for about $9.99. The ball is worth more than the auto.

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options

@dennis07 said:
    A Wilson A1001 baseball goes new for about $9.99. The ball is worth more than the auto.

Why is that? Is it because you dislike the player? Just curious because when I look up the autograph..I read its rare?? I just want to sell it..without selling it too cheaply. Curious why autograph worth less than ball. Thank You

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not an auto collector but I am guessing there is not much of demand for his autograph thus not worth much.

• Options

@JBrules said:
    I'm not an auto collector but I am guessing there is not much of demand for his autograph thus not worth much.

Gotcha :) ok thanks again

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

There's two recent sales of his auto on a card, one for $20 (97 Topps) and another for $52 (89 Upper Deck). $45 & $70 BINs are sitting on eBay right now for 88 Topps and Donruss. While he may be a tough signature, I doubt there's much demand other than auto'd set/team set collectors of cards. I'm not sure what the cheapest authentication route is for a ball, but would guess it's unlikely to sell for much over if you can recover the cost once factoring shipping in both ways.

I'd probably list it for a $50 BIN/BO and accept the first offer over $20.

• Options

@LarkinCollector said:
    There's two recent sales of his auto on a card, one for $20 (97 Topps) and another for $52 (89 Upper Deck). $45 & $70 BINs are sitting on eBay right now for 88 Topps and Donruss. While he may be a tough signature, I doubt there's much demand other than auto'd set/team set collectors of cards. I'm not sure what the cheapest authentication route is for a ball, but would guess it's unlikely to sell for much over if you can recover the cost once factoring shipping in both ways.

Thank you ☺

• Options

@Tricia said:

@LarkinCollector said:

Thank you ☺

Thank you for the advice..I appreciate it..very much.

• Options

There are 3 OAL balls signed by Myer on eBay right now. With the cheapest being $299 b/o. With the signature not being on an official ball and not authenticated I would list it at $199 or $149 B/O. You will do a lot better then $20 for the ball.

• Options

@FootballHOFCollector said:
    There are 3 OAL balls signed by Myer on eBay right now. With the cheapest being $299 b/o. With the signature not being on an official ball and not authenticated I would list it at $199 or $149 B/O. You will do a lot better then $20 for the ball.

Thank you

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

I agree you will get more than $20.00 for the ball. He was not a fan of giving autographs. When he did sign cards, he would only sign a card from the current year. Listing at $199.00 or $149.00 with B/O seems like a good start.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

Thank you for the advice. I really appreciate it.

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭

Collectors like to collect single signed baseballs from Iconic teams (such as the 1986 Mets) & due to Myers being a difficult signer, single signed baseballs of him are in demand................

I like Doug's suggestion the best

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options

Thank you :) I appreciate it.

• Options
    OddRodzOddRodz Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

If putting the ball up for auction on a website would suggest posting a pic of the ball alone, without the man hand holding it. The pic you have is not as earie as some of the fingernail inclusions in some auctions out there, but it does tread the line.

Anyone have any of those dirty fingernail man hands auction pics available to post ?

• Options
    muffinsmuffins Posts: 469 ✭✭✭

I wish I had a Randy Myers baseball...

(In the Oscar Myers wiener tone)