Home Sports Talk
Options

ESPN Radio

What's up with ESPN Radio? Mike and Mike are ending soon. Then there is the show with the guy from Miami I dislike. Maybe one other daytime show. Then POD center repeats. I thought Jaylene and Jacoby were great but they gone! What up?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    cecropiamothcecropiamoth Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think Jalen & Jacoby are still on the radio in the 6 PM - 8 PM CT slot, but perhaps the MLB playoffs are interferring with that slot right now? Someone else might be able to confirm.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 18, 2017 6:39PM

Don't know who is what on the two radio stations I frequent. Only shows I enjoy are Freddie Coleman, Furrall and Amy Lawrence. Mike and Mike are ok but won't miss them.

The Jim Rome Schtick gives me a headache.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:

The Jim Rome Schtick gives me a headache.

I can't seem to post links correctly but go on youtube and search for that Everett / Rome clip :D

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

I really like Mike and Mike. Sad to see it end. No one else intrigues me. BTW of the two I like Mike the most.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

I'm almost never in the car soon enough to catch Mike & Mike, but what I've heard has been entertaining. They definitely discuss more pure sports than any other ESPN Radio time slot.

The guy that comes on afterward is Dan LeBatard (and his sidekick Stugotz). I enjoy the hell out of them - they have been in stitches quite often. They have a weekly feature with Ron Magill, who is an American wildlife expert and photographer and the communications director of the Miami-Dade Zoological Park and Gardens. Always learn something cool from him. LeBatard and his crew spend a lot of time lambasting/lampooning/eye-poking the spectacle of sports. Personally, I enjoy that.

Bomani Jones is next, and I like him a lot, too. If you don't like social (and often racial) commentary in your sports, it's probably best that you avoid Bo. Personally, I support sports and social commentary co-existing, so I try to tune in when I can.

Jalen and Jacoby are next. They're usually enjoyable, but I'm not as much a fan of them as the previous two teams.

I think Freddie Coleman used to come on after, but I'm almost always at home by the time he starts his show. I'm not a big fan of Freddy - he tends to over-explain everything and is given to hyperbole. I sure enjoyed him back in the day when he was on CNN with Vince Cellini, though. That was a long time ago.