Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1970 AU Small Date Lincoln penny.

Hi guy's , I have the AU Lincoln penny that I had in my collection, couldn't tell if it's a small date.

Comments

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

nope

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭✭✭

Notice how the bottom of the 7 goes past the bottom of the 0. On the small date they are flush. Also the S is futher away from the 9 om small dates. And the easy pickup on the small date is that part of LIBERTY is very weak.

The more you VAM..
  • Options
    david3142david3142 Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭✭✭

The easiest tell for me is where the inner curl of the 9 points. In the small date it is more horizontal. On the large date it points to the bottom of the 7.

• Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

@david3142 said:
    The easiest tell for me is where the inner curl of the 9 points. In the small date it is more horizontal. On the large date it points to the bottom of the 7.

It is also pointed on the small date and is squared off on the large date.

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options

Thank you

• Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have recently viewed one still in a proof set when checking for the 1970-S 1941 Canadian planchet quarter. :D

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file