Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The little side room no one else ventures into. Many people have them.

KORN fist album blaring. :)

Comments

• Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    edited October 17, 2017 6:36PM

That's awesome! Love the artwork and the CD collection. Mine are all packed away in the basement, should get them out and display them like that at some point. With technology being what it is, I don't think I've even purchased a CD since the early 2000's. Miss those days.

Edit to say that Korn's first self titled album was good beginning to end. Lots of memories there.

Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet side room. I will have one some day.

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,534 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is an awesome room!!! :+1::+1::+1::+1:

Love all those cards displayed like that. That's quite a few Griffey rookies. The albums and CD's are a nice touch.

Thanks for sharing it.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

wow, jealous!

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice pics, except for the close up of the naked rocker.
    Was that completely neccesary? LOL.

Like the Griffey UD rookies.

• Options
    flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

Home sweet home indeed!

Our present home doesn't have a room like this but it is now on the list of must haves for the next place.

Outstanding!

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    OddRodzOddRodz Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

Sorry about the naked scary man ! heh heh He was wearing a tarzan like loin cloth. so no actual swaying in the wind there ... :)

The cd's, those are still actually my source of music. I don't have one single song on my iphone or other more modern storage. When I die I will still be doing cd's. At least I got rid of all my cassette tape. which makes me hip to the scene with the teens :)

• Options
    TheThrill22TheThrill22 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

I love the tribute to the guitar gods. I too have a similar room that is a mix of rock and sports, aside from my mancave that is just all sports. Like you, I have paid homage to the Motor City Madman!

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 18, 2017 3:24PM

Wow Kevin - really cool room!

That's a lot of cards on the wall - noticed a whole bunch of Griffs on the wall too.

The Bowflex would make a really good display holder for a jersey BTW.

Mike
  • Options
    mrpeanut39mrpeanut39 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭

How did The Monkees sneak in there?

"I think the guy must be practicing voodoo or something. Check out his eyes. Rico's crazier than a peach orchard sow." -- Whitey Herzog, Spring Training 1973
  • Options

@Stone193 said:

That's a lot of cards on the wall - noticed a whole bunch of Griffs on the wall too.

Stone, are you trying to say you don't secretly have floor to ceiling wall murals of tarzan clad Uncle Ted in your new extravo basement that you are not sharing pics of ? That's hard to believe man. :)

THE MONKEES :)

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,354 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OddRodz said:

@Stone193 said:

Stone, are you trying to say you don't secretly have floor to ceiling wall murals of tarzan clad Uncle Ted in your new extravo basement that you are not sharing pics of ? That's hard to believe man. :)

THE MONKEES :)

I WISH I had a basement Kevin.

I'm finally back on track - the guy is coming to do the floor on Monday - have ordered the window thing - and the painter will be in Wednesday to finish the trim - I also ordered 2 glass shelves for the center of the wall shelf.

Sure looking forward to putting stuff on the shelves.

Mike
  • Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭

Terrible Ted sporting his famous Tarzan costume. Love it.

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭

Very impressive

Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

@garnettstyle said:
    Terrible Ted sporting his famous Tarzan costume. Love it.

Ted played the Capital Center in Landover MD in 78, he swung from a large vine/rope that must have swung 200 feet out over the crowd. He played so loud that it cracked the roof and he was never invited back. I didn't get to go since I wasn't old enough but I am pretty sure that Van Halen opened up for them.

Rodz, badass setup, rock on!

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

CAKES !!! Like this :)

Here's the concert you unfortunately were to young for, I was there at 12 (Phoenix show tour stop) and pretty much had 35MM camera pieces smuggled in, in orifices unknown :) and pieced back together after get past security for:

The unfortunate photos:

If anyone would like these two guitar God posters of Ace and Steve, all yours for free. Will ship. These ain't no 'poster paper' stuff.. Legit Kodak (remember that?) quality film stuff. Just pm.

Man, am quite happy many here recall this old rock n roll :) Wasn't expected. Stone ? if you want I will send you over a wall size copy of Uncle Ted :) ???

The Nuge... GREAT WHITE BUFFALO :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMZwS0ZonEU

• Options
    flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

I saw him open for Blue Oyster Cult in West Palm Beach in 1982 when I was 15.

Ted Nugent lit the place on fire and made BOC look like a house band. That guy never stops moving and grooving during the show - awesome stuff.

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    FINESTKINDFINESTKIND Posts: 374 ✭✭✭

The first concert I ever went to was Ted Nugent and Uriah Heep at the Springfield Mass civic center around 1977.

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rodz, that was it, pretty bad ass pics.

My first show was AC/DC for those about to rock tour in 81 at the Capitol Center. We sat near the cannons and when they fired them it was deafening, my ears rang for weeks. The only thing louder was Black Label Society at a local venue in Springfield VA named Jaxx's.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

+1 for the Randy Rhodes poster!!