Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Hopefully I Haven't Created a Monster :)

My first foray into getting pack graded. I am pretty pleased with the results.

Line # Item # Cert # Grade Description Type
1 1 27769817
MINT 9 1981 Topps Football Wax Pack Wax Pack Pack
2 1 27769818
GEM MINT 10 1985 Topps Football Cello Pack Cello Pack Joe Montana-Top Card
3 1 27769819
GEM MINT 10 1985 Topps Football Cello Pack Cello Pack Dan Marino-Back Pack
4 1 27769820
GEM MINT 10 1984 Topps Football Cello Pack Cello Pack Pack
5 1 27769821
NEAR MINT 7 1978 Topps Football Cello Pack Cello Pack Walter Payton-Back Pack

I could see myself getting hooked on graded packs now :)

I do have a good number of packs from back when I participated in the group buys, but not sure how many of those would 9 or 10....

Comments

• divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on some very nice grades. :+1::+1:

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well done! Congrats.

• ga5150ga5150 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭

Question on the packs you had graded- did you have to ask them to print "Dan Marino Back Pack" on the label, or do they automatically print star names if they see it? Is there a place to put requests like that when submitting?

I've got around 50 packs from BBCE group breaks from around 4-5 years ago still sitting here in the boxes they were shipped in and I'm contemplating having them encapsulated.

• seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

ummm yeah id say so....ha....congrats!!..post pics when u can

Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Kep13Kep13 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

sorry so late to respond jBrules...I did (and I'd guess others do as well)...I think as long as the player is noted or is a rookie they will put the player's name on the flip, regardless if that player is on the front or the back...

seebelow -- I will get some pics taken of the packs and try to get them posted here..

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ga5150 said:
    Question on the packs you had graded- did you have to ask them to print "Dan Marino Back Pack" on the label, or do they automatically print star names if they see it? Is there a place to put requests like that when submitting?

I've got around 50 packs from BBCE group breaks from around 4-5 years ago still sitting here in the boxes they were shipped in and I'm contemplating having them encapsulated.

You must put down the player name you want attributed on the flip on the submission form. You can actually put any player name down~even if it's not a star player, and they will attribute it. If you don't include it on the submission form, they will not.

Kep13, congrats on a great sub!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2019 11:17AM