Home Sports Talk
Options

Vegas odds on tonight's ALCS game 3

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

Vegasinsider has it at +122 for the Astros and -132 for the Yankees, with the Astros to win.

With Judge and Sanchez in severe slumps, that could be key to the game. However, CC on the mound means the Astros have their work cut out for them. The Bronx faithful will be in high blower, which gives comfort to the Yankee team and negative to the Astros.

Not gonna be a blowout, but if the Astros can get to CC early, it could be all she wrote for the Yankees. I'd say this is the game of the year for both teams, one could go to 0-3, the other 3-0...not a lot of time to recover. Clearly the Yankees wanna make it 2-1. Anything can happen, as we've all witnessed, should be a great game.

I'll venture a guess...5-3 Astros.

GO ASTROS

Comments

• Options
    dbtunrdbtunr Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

not a gambling guy so I don't know what +122 and -132 means

• Options

The odds makers like the Astros.

Better you google for your answers.

• Options

Simply put...if the numbers stay at Astros +122 and Yankees -132, it means...

If you bet on the Astros, you have to bet $100 to win $222.
    If you bet on the Yankees, you have to bet $132 to win $100.

• Options

Moneyline odds
    Moneyline odds are favoured by American bookmakers. The figure quoted is either positive or negative.
    When moneyline odds are positive, the figure indicates how much money will be won on a $100 wager (this is done for an outcome that is considered less likely to happen than not). For example, a net payout of 4/1 would be quoted as +400.
    When moneyline odds are negative, the figure indicates how much money must be wagered to win $100 (this is done for an outcome is considered more likely to happen than not). For example, a net payout of 1/4 would be quoted as -400.
    Moneyline odds are often referred to as American odds. Moneyline refers to odds on the straight-up outcome of a game with no consideration to a point spread. In most cases, the favorite will have negative moneyline odds (less payoff for a safer bet) and the underdog will have positive moneyline odds (more payoff for a risky bet). However, if the teams are evenly matched, both teams can have a negative line at the same time (e.g. -110 -110 or -105 -115), due to house take.

So from that description, the Yankees are favored. No? I'm confused. That's why I don't gamble.

• Options

Learn to count cards playing blackjack...if you become proficient you can make some good money. The KEY is know when to reach for your car keys.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MCMLVTopps said:
    Simply put...if the numbers stay at Astros +122 and Yankees -132, it means...

If you bet on the Astros, you have to bet $100 to win $222.
    If you bet on the Yankees, you have to bet $132 to win $100.

I think you mean you have to bet $100 to win $122 on the Astros.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

correct...tks

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes Db the Yankees are slight favorites

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

I don't know who will win tonite, but I'd take the Astros odds.

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options

I hope this helps...from Sports Betting for Dummies

Now for American Style Sports Odds. Typically, when you are betting on the point spread, as in topic #1 above, the odds are displayed or implied to be (-110), which is known as American Style odds. The American Style odds format is based on $100. When the number, is displayed as a negative number (-110), it indicates how much money you must risk to realize a profit of $100. In our scenario, you must wager $110 to win $100 profit. If you do, you will receive $210 when you cash in…the winning amount PLUS your initial wager amount.
    When you see the number displayed as a positive number such as (+150), it indicates how much money you will profit if you RISK $100. So, if you wager $100 on a team that pays (+150), and you win, you will receive $250. That is the $150 that you won, plus your $100 original stake returned.

Keeping in mind the latest line is still Astros +122, Yankees -132. Easy math.

Batter up!!

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Way to complicated for me! ;)B)

• Options

If the team is minus they are the favorite. The higher the number over 110 the stronger the favorite. -175 and higher is a pretty big favorite

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

well so far Yanks up 4-0 Judge about to bat with bases loaded and every play has gone the Yanks way. Guy sticks out his bat hits a 3 run hr, Judge makes a great catch at the wall, ball bounces into stand for double, weak hit up the middle drives in a run. Astros pitcher taken out after 3 2/3. A hit here and it's a blow out.

• Options

Boom, Judge hits HR after wild pitch. 8-0. Fox must be muting the crowd. No way they are that quiet

• Options

Someone must have forgotten to tell the Yankees to fold and slink away after going down 2-0..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

They spot the other team 2 wins to make it fair. Then sweep them out B)

• Options

Yankees step up when they needed it most. All cylinders clicking for them.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like that kid (Judge)....I think he is for real. ;)

• Options
    cecropiamothcecropiamoth Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

Judge. What a beast tonight. Defensive wizardry and that home run was a bullet!

• Options

@cecropiamoth said:
    Judge. What a beast tonight. Defensive wizardry and that home run was a bullet!

That's what he did all year long. That's why I said he should have had that HR in game 2 that just made it over the wall. He didn't get back to the wall fast enough. He should have had that triple hit by Kipnis as well. Those are literally the first 2 balls he badly played all year.

• Options

Yankees are a slight favorite to win game 4.

However, the overall series is favoring the Astros by more than just slightly.

• Options

Yanks starting Romine at catcher as Gray tends to bounce half his pitches. Sanchez will DH even though he doesn't have a hit in 4 games. Romine is better defensively then Sanchez and can't be worse then the Yankee DH's who are a combined 1/30. I think Yankee pitchers can hit better then that.

Astros are starting McCullers rather than Keuchel on 3 days rest. I know McCullers beat the Yankees earlier in the year against a lineup of Chris Carter, Tyler Wade, Torreyes, and Romine. Girardi would occassionaly send out a vastly inferior lineup and rest the regulars.

• Options

Girardi would occassionaly send out a vastly inferior lineup and rest the regulars.

How on earth does that make any sense? This isn't May or June, where there's time to play catch up...they only have 3 games after today's game. If the Yankees lose tonight, I'd say it's pretty much lights out in that they'd have to win 3 straight, 2 of them in Houston.

GO ASTROS

• Options

I'm talking about the regular season and the Yanks lineup that McCullers faced when he beat them early in the season. Have you started drinking already?

• Options

You always rise to the bait...so easy! B)

Have Judge take some base running classes while he's on the bench...uber rookie mistake.

• Options

Thrilling game. Astros up 4-2 with Yanks having 2 guys on. Judge hit a 427 ft homer to spur a comeback.

• Options

Huge extra base hit by Judge to tie the game. That was money right there.

• Options

Judge is huge tonight. Terrible play by Altuve at 2nd on Headley. He was too far behind the bag and out of position.

• Options

Great win. Landed in NY an hour ago. Listened to it in a taxi. Haven't heard a baseball game on the radio in years.

M

• Options

Judge is the straw that stirs this drink. When he is going the whole team is going. He's on again. The Yanks have all the momo now. Astros were the highest scoring AL team and only have 9 runs in 4 games with only 3 hits tonight. Yanks have Giles' number too. Now it's a 3 game series. I like CC in game 7 if it goes that far.

• Options

Helluva comeback, good baseball.

• Options

McCullers pitched a great game. Impressed by him. Why did he not pitch game 3? Of the two teams, I think the Yankees have a better shot at beating the Dodgers. The Houston relief pitching is horrid. If Verlander had to hit, he doesn't have the chance to go 9. Houston doesn't have the bullpen to fill in for starters taken out for pinch hitters. Regardless, both the two AL teams will be worn out and will face a well rested LA team.

• Options
    edited October 18, 2017 1:23PM

@dbtunr said:
    McCullers pitched a great game. Impressed by him. Why did he not pitch game 3? Of the two teams, I think the Yankees have a better shot at beating the Dodgers. The Houston relief pitching is horrid. If Verlander had to hit, he doesn't have the chance to go 9. Houston doesn't have the bullpen to fill in for starters taken out for pinch hitters. Regardless, both the two AL teams will be worn out and will face a well rested LA team.

Disagree 100%

I think you are wrong about Verlander. I think he is like something stupid like 26-5 against the National League in his career. Really. I'm not making that up. Im just to lazy to look it up. He did this with a horrible Tiger bullpen and a shaky Houston one. He was 4-0 this year against the National League. The Yankees foiled Houstons best laid plans. If Houston could have beat the Yankees once in NY and wrapped up the series with Keuchel on the hill in game 5 they could have had Verlander for game 1, 4 or 5 and game 7 in the WS. No longer the case.

Verlander has pitched lights out against the Dodgers. He no hit them through 5 on August 20 with Detroit and allowed two hits through 8. He did this when the Dodgers were 87-34.

mark

• Options
    mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dbtunr said:
    Of the two teams, I think the Yankees have a better shot at beating the Dodgers. The Houston relief pitching is horrid. If Verlander had to hit, he doesn't have the chance to go 9. Houston doesn't have the bullpen to fill in for starters taken out for pinch hitters. Regardless, both the two AL teams will be worn out and will face a well rested LA team.

@Justacommeman said:
    Disagree 100%

I think you are wrong about Verlander.

Verlander kills the Dodgers... at least he routinely killed the Dodgers of old who topped out at the NLCS level... hopefully that is not this team. I am not paying too much attention to the ALCS right now, being much more interested/focused in getting the fourth W against the Cubs. Only then will I start worrying about Series matchups. For now, my only preference in the ALCS is that it goes 7 games.

• Options

Keuchel is very hittable tonight. Yanks up 2-0 in 4th. Yanks defense has been terrible

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭✭✭

Incredible comeback by NY in this series. You guys wanna talk $? Try to imagine what the in-game series odds were when Houston was up 2-1 & 4-0 going to the bottom of the 7th in G4, with Keuchel & Verlander looming for 5 & 6 and at least one game back in H-town.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=kMFJBd40Awo

• Options

Altuve needed to make that play on the hit by Didi. His lack of size cost him that play and the tag out on Headley last night. The best hitting/run scoring team in the AL has scored 9 runs in 4 2/3 games