Home Sports Talk
Options

The GOAT goes down with a broken collarbone.

cecropiamothcecropiamoth Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

Team has confirmed. It is feared to be serious enough that he may miss the rest of the season. Devastating blow for the Packers.

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 15, 2017 1:15PM

Brady is fine......misinformation. ;)

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

Huge blow for the Pack in a year when the team was playing great around Rodgers.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭

this is not your father's NFL. going unscathed for 16 is the equivalent of being simultaneously struck by lightning while being devoured by a shark

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    this is not your father's NFL. going unscathed for 16 is the equivalent of being simultaneously struck by lightning while being devoured by a shark

or the equivalent of MCMLVTopps and dbtunr exchanging Christmas cards

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

My neighbor is a huge Packers fan....hope he doesn't go all Dimeman.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:
    My neighbor is a huge Packers fan....hope he doesn't go all Dimeman.

:)B)>:)

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

who's the next man up for the pack?

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

Bart Starr

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

@bronco2078 said:

Bart Starr

m

Favre is available..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    edited October 15, 2017 4:15PM

I here Kap is free :D:D , if they want to make the president's head explode (plus a few forum members)

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    I here Kap is free :D:D , if they want to make the president's head explode (plus a few forum members)

That would be awesome

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

As a Vikings fan, I hated to see this today. Mad respect for Rodgers - super player, super competitor.

Daniel
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

Get Romo out of the booth.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

Romo couldn't survive one game with the OL Green Bay was using in the 2nd half today. Hundley got absolutely battered.

• Options

@cecropiamoth said:
    Romo couldn't survive one game with the OL Green Bay was using in the 2nd half today. Hundley got absolutely battered.

need a scrambler Kap mobile guy , thats the ticket

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

Would have loved to hear the choice words Rodgers had for the tackler who caused his injury. The TV coverage digitized the wording out from Rodgers mouth movement as he was walking off the field. Boomer, on the post game coverage, referred the hit as a "Dead Fish" hit.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

This overshadowed the number of other injuries they had. Seemed like the trainers were always helping someone.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

Too bad for Green Bay. Vikings are playing with a backup QB and their number one RB is out for the year. Didn't look like a hard hit, kind of a fluke injury.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

Collar bones break easy. All you have to do is land wrong. It doesn't take a nasty it.

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

Forget about the packers, my fantasy team is screwed with no back up plan....ughhh...need to fire my fantasy team GM.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:
    Collar bones break easy. All you have to do is land wrong. It doesn't take a nasty it.

Saw the video of his earlier collarbone break. Same kind of hit and landing.

He is a running/scrambling quarterback, when you leave the pocket, you are open to more and harder hits. He's fortunate that he has not been hurt more often.

It was not a nasty hit at all. In watching it several time it even appears he "rode" him down to the ground when he could have "driven" him. Too bad for Rogers and the Pack. I don't feel any sympathy for the obnoxious fans though!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

Generally speaking I thought the hit was relatively benign, pretty common and not really dirty. But...it was late and he had time to pull up, and I was surprised there was no flag.

Tough break for the Pack.

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options

I'm sure everyone has already seen or heard this, but Rodgers is going to need surgery for this fracture. I think that means he is done for the season, but interestingly the Packers have not yet placed him on IR.

• Options
    Time4aGansettTime4aGansett Posts: 382 ✭✭✭

A medical expert was on talk show radio yesterday and said a perfect recovery for Rodgers would allow him to play in 12 weeks, which is near the end of the regular season and beginning of playoffs. Now if Green Bay can only get there, it is a weak division.

• Options

@cecropiamoth said:
    I'm sure everyone has already seen or heard this, but Rodgers is going to need surgery for this fracture. I think that means he is done for the season, but interestingly the Packers have not yet placed him on IR.

isnt the whole ir thing just something for the degenerate gamblers ? Or is that the weekly injury report?

• Options

My God, the Packers are awful without the GOAT.

• Options

Hundley is not good enough to play in the NFL. They need to go elsewhere for a QB.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    edited November 6, 2017 9:11PM

@grote15 said:
    Hundley is not good enough to play in the NFL. They need to go elsewhere for a QB.

Sadly, you're probably correct. He has been serviceable here. The Packers defense has been absolutely shredded to pieces. I actually doubt they even win this game with Rodgers. I just don't see them going out and getting a QB off the street. They are going to ride this out with Hundley.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

For GB the end of the season can't come soon enough.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,518 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mcarthy needs to adjust the game plan for Hundly, it’s obvious the kid holds on to the ball way too long and has trouble with his wideouts getting open downfield, why he doesn’t implement more short quick routes for His trio of WR’s, Adams, Cobb and Nelson are great after the catch. It seems quick 10 yard throws would be way more effective

• Options

Green Bay’s D is awful too

• Options

Oh and the G.O.A.T is Tom Brady btw :)

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Mcarthy needs to adjust the game plan for Hundly, it’s obvious the kid holds on to the ball way too long and has trouble with his wideouts getting open downfield, why he doesn’t implement more short quick routes for His trio of WR’s, Adams, Cobb and Nelson are great after the catch. It seems quick 10 yard throws would be way more effective

Actually, most of his passes, at least in the first half, were short passes of 5 yards of less. I don't think platcalling will make much difference. He's just a bad QB. There are better ones on the street. His only attribute is his mobility.

• Options

Tim I guess I didn’t watch the first half but either way the kid holds the ball way too long and seems too scared to make a play. Not sure what the answer is, not sure if your suggesting they take Kap or not but I can’t think of any other QB on the street that would offer much help as I don’t think it will matter who they get, without Rodgers their season is lost. Even if you are thinking Kap I won’t argue that point because it’s an entirely different discussion and I’m sure your aware of my feelings on that and I respect you too much to get into that with you.

• Options
    edited January 14, 2018 10:22PM

On a side note I had dinner with one of Rodgers business partners tonight. Found out that Aaron is a video game savant and plays a lot . Just struck me funny until I realized he's only 32 or so and is of that generation. Never really think of HOF Qb's in that regard. He is also really business savvy. He also wants to play football until he is 40.

I'm also extremely jealous as he is nailing Danika Patrick :s

mark

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

I'm also extremely jealous as he is nailing Danika Patrick :s

mark

THIS

• Options
    edited January 15, 2018 7:41PM

I read that Rodgers ( not the GOAT ) has completely separated himself from his family and will not speak to any of them, not sure what went on or how true it is but I read it’s been going on for awhile

• Options

@perkdog said:
    I read that Rodgers ( not the GOAT ) has completely separated himself from his family and will not speak to any of them, not sure what went on or how true it is but I read it’s been going on for awhile

It was chronicled quite a bit when his brother Jordan was on The Bachelor.

I still think he is the GOAT. He is the best individually. It all depends on how things are measured, if titles, then there are other GOATs.

JJ

• Options

Danika or Gisele?

• Options

Both. I'm greedy

mark

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

Give me Olivia Munn over Danica all day.