Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

I'm Bored: Dutch Auction for Mrs. Norweb's Roosevelt 1946PDS-1982 Dimes

I'm bored. I am going to conduct a Dutch auction for one of the coolest lots I have ever owned: Mrs. Emery May Holden Norweb's 1946PDS-1982S Roosevelt dimes, last offered publicly in 1987.

Here's the way this is going to work: I paid $XXX for these coins a couple-three years ago to the fellow who bought them directly from the 1987 Bowers and Merena auction. I originally wanted $950 for them. Today they are $925. And you can use this handy link to pay me directly: paypal.me/VDBCoins/925. Tomorrow they are going to be $900, the next day $875, and so on. When they get down to $750, if no one buys, they disappear until my estate is settled (or until I get bored again).

Meanwhile, if someone PMs me with an offer between $950 and $XXX, they get Mrs. Norweb's dimes and you can finish your leftover popcorn. They also get the paperwork supporting the provenance, as I explain in the lot description.

I'd also appreciate it if any of you who feel like it would poke around our www.VDBCoins.com website and let us know what you think. Legend it ain't, but we have put a lot of time and effort into it, despite being technologically challenged and budget-limited.

Will this Dutch auction last a week? Two days? Three? Does anyone care but me? OK, special bonus ("But Wait! There's More!!!"): Anyone ordering an item through the website for the listed price over the next week (ending next Friday at midnight Eastern Time) will get a 5% rebate once the transaction is finished and their coins are delivered. Given my small markups, this puts some coins close to what I paid, but I want to see some eyeballs on the site and stir up some interest.

U.S. orders only; no orders from Minnesota (you know who you are).

Support Independent Coin Dealers!

Kind regards,

George

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.

Comments