Home Sports Talk
Options

Gee, no comments about the Yankees losing last night?

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

Where are all the Yankee pundits that seem to always rah, rah about their team?

Comments

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 14, 2017 8:00AM

Caught the last couple innings on the radio.

If they lose second in row the topic will be relevant.

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I commented in the dbtunr "Indians not good" thread which was essentially him gloating about the Yanks. they have a good Team but are mostly really playing well right now. that happens in a long season. I thought they would catch Boston who was fading but they probably needed another week.

funny things happen in pro sports but I don't think one will be NY in the World Series.

• Options
    dbtunrdbtunr Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

If Bird gets a better lead and ran better he beats that throw and it's anyone's game. Poor base running on his part cost them. At least Judge came through in the clutch with a hard hit. NY pitching was outstanding. I thought the Altuve hit that went through Tanaka's legs should have either been caught by him or had Castro make a stronger throw. His arm is terrible. His weak arm costs them many double plays. The Yanks had chances but could not get a hit in the clutch.

The Yankee bullpen is now fully rested aside from Green who will need a day off. The Astro closer threw close to 40 pitches and I would assume he is unavailable today or available for maybe 1 batter at most. I like the Yanks chances today. Getting out of Houston with a split was the goal. The Yankee 3-4 pitchers are better than Houston's. For some reason Kuechel has their number.

• Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dbtunr said:
    I like the Yanks chances today.

You realize that Verlander has appeared in 7 games since joining the Astros (6 starts, 1 relief appearance) and is 7-0?

This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options

that's why they play the game. Where was all that when he was playing for the Tigers?

• Options

If Bird gets a better lead and ran better he beats that throw and it's anyone's game

and if your Aunt had balls she'd be your Uncle. c'mon, man, please get real. B)

• Options

Dbtunr...always has the reason for anything the Yankees do, or the opponents don't do well.

Getting out of Houston with a split was the goal Pls, don't continue to expose your ignorance, the GOAL is to win every game, not split anything.

GO ASTROS

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭✭✭

still marveling over Altuve. if this were a schoolyard game, he'd probably get picked last every time. but the joke is on everyone else. in the first 5 games of the postseason, i think he's showing just how valuable he is. .579 & 1.705.......come on man, just stop it. not to mention wreaking havoc on the bases, making stellar plays at 2nd and a consummate team player. even said he would vote for Judge for mvp. dude is everything you could ever hope for in a baseball player and so much more. he is the hardball version of JJ Watt here in Houston. total rock star.

• Options

I understand that MVP voting only considers the regular season, but Aaron Judge is sort of making the case for Altuve. NY has done fine while Judge hasn't played.

• Options
    zippcityzippcity Posts: 888 ✭✭✭✭

Nice win for the Astros, up 2-0

Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

fantastic finish. Sanchez blows defensively.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:

Judge missed the cutoff man. Rookie mistake

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

@grote15 said:

Judge missed the cutoff man. Rookie mistake

m

Even so, the throw still beat Altuve and he is out if Sanchez fields the ball cleanly.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    edited October 14, 2017 4:34PM

in the 9th inning of tied Playoff Games:
    --- MVP's single and score the winning run.
    --- MVP wannabees hit lazy pop-outs to the Center Fielder.

about the throw to the plate, there was a rookie mistake on the relay and the catcher doing what he does best, having trouble holding onto the baseball.

go Astros, on to the apple.

• Options

@MCMLVTopps said:
    Dbtunr...always has the reason for anything the Yankees do, or the opponents don't do well.

Getting out of Houston with a split was the goal Pls, don't continue to expose your ignorance, the GOAL is to win every game, not split anything.

GO ASTROS

seriously bro, why so angry? You really need to get a life and take an anger management course. My team losing 2 close games doesn't make your sad excuse of a team any better

• Options

ah yes, a classic case of the Pot calling the Kettle black. this place is excellent!!

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

Verlander looked great....however, Kate looked much better

• Options
    edited October 14, 2017 6:34PM

@HighGradeLegends said:
    Verlander looked great....however, Kate looked much better

Im sure the Astro's factored that in when they traded for him.

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like the Yanks,down 0-2, have the Stros right where they want them.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

@BLUEJAYWAY said:
    Looks like the Yanks,down 0-2, have the Stros right where they want them.

That might have been the Yankees plan after all

m

• Options

Ah...once again dbtunr rises to the bait...always pointing to another team...who, BTW, I thought were long gone in May.

Your Yankees losing 2 in a row has NADA to do with the Red Sox, just your way of hiding behind your keyboard and not admitting your team is tanking, and tanking badly. Lashing out like a little girlie man is so, sooooo typical of being a Yankee fan, it's everybody's fault but the Yankees. Oh, I'm proud of my "sad excuse of a team"...geez, so childish, and such a bizarre correlation.

Why don't you bring up the Indians and Twins? It's you who has the anger issue, one need only read your posts, always blaming another team, or tearing them down with your nonsense and statistical garbage. Why don't you give Brian a buzz on your speed dial and give him some in depth perspective on what he needs to do to resurrect your inept team? Seriously, get some help...all this is just crap in cyberspace.

Kinda sucks right now being a Yankee fan...thankfully, I'll never be one. Like I said in other posts, gonna love it when the Yankees tank, and tanking they are. Somebody que up Sinatra. Judge blew the throw, and Sanchez blew the catch...live with it.

Enjoy the games.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    still marveling over Altuve. if this were a schoolyard game, he'd probably get picked last every time. but the joke is on everyone else. in the first 5 games of the postseason, i think he's showing just how valuable he is. .579 & 1.705.......come on man, just stop it. not to mention wreaking havoc on the bases, making stellar plays at 2nd and a consummate team player. even said he would vote for Judge for mvp. dude is everything you could ever hope for in a baseball player and so much more. he is the hardball version of JJ Watt here in Houston. total rock star.

Galaxy- great post, agree completely.
    I have always loved the high average hitters, and Altuve has plenty of power to go with it.
    Really fun watching him play. Am going to pick up a couple of his rookie cards.

I'm a Chiefs fan, and even I hated to see Watt go out with that injury in the KC game.

• Options

He's a special player and a good man

m

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

Yankee fan here..........

The Astros are a better team. Great pitching again by the Astros. Yankees also.
    Its the Yankee hitters that can't adjust. Can't fault Bird. It was a great throw by a very fundamentally correct left fielder. Sorry not referring to chicken arm Gardner
    Why does he try for 3rd when he's in scoring position with Judge coming up???
    Canon or not Sanchez sucks defensively. Didi did his best throwing over a sliding runner in the way.

Can't count us out

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't call losing 2 games 2 to 1 tanking. ;)

• Options

Well, I'd sure call going 0-2 in a 7 games series...TANKING. B) Matters not if you lose 1-0, or 20-0, a loss is a loss. The objective is to win the series and move forward. Your team must now win 4 out of the remaining 5 games, whereas your opponent needs to win only 2 out of 5.

I'd rather be in the latter position.

As for the loss, you can lay that at the feet of Judge, who threw to the wrong base instead of the cutoff man. Had he made the proper throw, and then a half decent relay, Altuve would have been out by a substantial margin. Didi did his best to salvage the play, had Sanchez (know as Sanchy by Joey), isn't it cool how they all have cutsey names...not blown the catch, maybe that would have worked out better for the sinking Yankees.

In fairness to Gardner, (Gardy I guess) he was waived on by the 3rd base coach, and he was out by a gnat. Maybe he should have stayed at 2nd, but Judge (Judgey I guess) has been unimpressive, both in right field and home plate.

The fat lady is warming up for the Bronx team.

Oh yeah, how rude of me...Happy Belated Birthday Joey...hope that flight home was smooth. :)

GO ASTROS

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 15, 2017 10:33AM

Maybe they will pull a Boston of 2004! B)

• Options

Be careful what you wish for...game 3 of the 2004 ALCS playoffs, found the Yankees beating the Red Sox 19-8, in Fenway Park. It was after that the miracle of miracles happened and they won 8 straight. How sweet that was!!! B)B)B)

If Joey's boys were to lose tomorrow night by a similar score, Joey etal would have to move to another planet. The Yankee faithful would tar and feather him and the rest of the team. Cashy would have a seizure. I do kinda like how Joey adds the "y" to all his buddies names...Tanaky, Sabby, Sanchy, Frazy, Birdy...reall buddy-buddy stuff.

Oh, BTW Joey...your lame complaint about possible interference at 2nd base was bush league. Even Pony League players know you can pop up after a slide. Ah, but Joey didn't want to get holding the bag by not squawking to the umpires...dare he not use one of his challenges like his brain freeze earlier. Then Joey goes on the post game interview and says "no, I didn't see any obstruction"...really lame Joey, take the loss like a man and suck it up. Losing sucks, but own it and move on.

And, I might add, wouldn't the shorter distance between right field and home plate be a throw to the 1st baseman (Birdy), instead of adding precious feet to the distance by throwing it to 2nd base, then having DiDi (no need for a y here, he's kinda got that built in) ? Just sayin' Rookie mistake cost the game. Ever the beloved manager, Joey also states "Judgey threw it to the stronger arm in the infield". Really Joey? What if Frazy had the stronger arm, would he have thrown it to him. Joey, you're so entertaing.

Boston Red Sox 2017 ALDS Champions
    Yankees...not so much so far.

GO ASTROS!!!

• Options

so angry dude, so angry

• Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MCMLVTopps said:
    Where are all the Yankee pundits that seem to always rah, rah about their team?

What is your deal, man? You were super quiet when the Yanks came back from 2-0 against the Indians. The Yankees lost two games against the Astros and I give the 'Stros 100% credit for those pitching performances.

It seems to me many (not all) Red Sox fans would rather have the Yankees lose than the Sox win. Give it up, man. They won a couple of World Series in recent years. Celebrate your team's victories and enjoy the sport. There's too much negativity going on today to bring it into a bsaseball card forum.

Daniel
  • Options

The majority of you Yankee fans are so easy to upset, and tease...if you don't like my posts, don't read them, pretty simple. Its so predictable how you guys always talk about yesteryear, or trash the opposition with silly nonsense. Tell me again, was it 27 or 47 WS Yankee wins? How you throw in such unrelated noise is beyond me...stick to current events. Means nothing to me how many WS wins the Red Sox have, or don't have, those days are long gone.

The main problem you guys have is that you can dish it, but you can't take it...so easy to hide behind your keyboard.

Trust me, I don't plan to give anything up, if you read my posts correctly, they're pretty straight forward, you and dbtunr are just upset and angry that your team is about to get waxed. If you can't see the humor, but look at it as negativity, you and your buddy have serious issues. I really couldn't care less who wins, but I do enjoy gigging Yankee fans, and if I wish, I'll continue to do so. If you guys can't handle a little jabbing, read something else, lighten up, it's just BS in cyberspace, no more, no less.

I will say there are a couple of classy Yankee fans posting here, that would be Dimeman and jay0791.

GO ASTROS