Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

2017 Topps Fire baseball

So what do all you card guys think about the new Fire baseball exclusive to Target? Been hard to find. Have only found at one Target location in Indianapolis. I did break one of the hobby boxes and there are some pretty cool cards. Just wondering if anyone else has found some. I'm guessing they are out there somewhere.

Comments

• firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭

It's been really hard to find In Orlando. I finally scored 3 Hobby boxes last night. It's cool with great inserts but really busy for me

# 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just checked the cards out, there's some I really like (Nolan Inferno) and some that are just horribly designed (all the uni-color cards like the Gold Minted & Blue Chip parallels). With the key autos (Judge, Bellinger) as redemptions, it's not a product I'll be chasing.

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

To be honest? Not a fan so much.

Mike
  • I found a fresh stocked shelf of 5 boxes, 10 blasters, and several packs. I bought one of each. Fun break but not holding my breath on it holding any value. I'm guessing it will be $34.95 a box on Black Friday Blowout and DA Cardworld this November.

#CROWNED

2015 World Series Champions
    2018 Worst Minor League System In Baseball
    #FIREDAYTONMOORE
  • I agree that the Gold Minted just don't have any wow factor at all. Really dull. I did get a Nolan Inferno. Unless Target is sitting on these and they start refilling shelves over and over, I think the scarcity of these might keep prices up.

• Hit my Target today that sticks on Thursdays and they had 1 box, 7 blasters, and 10 packs. I bought all but the packs and will sit on them a few weeks. Found 9 Mega Boxes as well

#CROWNED

2015 World Series Champions
    2018 Worst Minor League System In Baseball
    #FIREDAYTONMOORE
  • Got by a Target today and they had several blaster boxes and some packs. No hobby. Grabbed a blaster and pulled this guy.

I actively collect Kirby Puckett. I have collections of Michael Jordan, Emmitt Smith, Roberto Clemente, Dwight Gooden, Tom Seaver, Errict Rhett and Evan Longoria.

• seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

Hmmmm may take some getting used to...but has potential...
    Def please keep posting pics...

Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
    edited October 28, 2017 9:44PM

Trying to keep an open mind - this product finally reached my Target store.

Bought a couple of blasters.

Still not overly excited but it could grow on me.

I did pull a Bellinger and Judge RC and the same insert as Jimmy.

It's M-24 but I'd like to re-catalog as YJ-24 for "yellow jaundice" - can hardly see Judge's face - the RC's not bad?

It is loaded with past HOF'ers tho - here's my 2 favorite so far:

Major disappointment?

I see on the list Clemente e.g. but no Mantle. That would've been a favorite for me.

Mike

Nice.

Mike