Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

OT - Started a New Business

As a long-time member of the boards, I have learned a lot from folks on here who may not even realize it as I don't post much. I have seen a number of members start businesses such as card shops and other things which has inspired me to start my own. At the ripe old age of 52, I still play on 4 hockey teams, coach an adult woman's team, a youth team, and my son plays elite travel hockey. Long story short, my son and his defensive partner have great "hockey hair" and call themselves "Flo Bros" which got me thinking, thus the business was launched. I started an apparel business called FloBros Hockey (www.flobroshockey.com). I created a website, one of my hockey playing daughters created Twitter and Instagram accounts, and I had a bunch of "swag" made up. So far the response has been great, having only having products for about 10 days. Without the inspiration and the feel good stories of accomplishments that I read on this board, I would not have had the courage to take on such a venture. Thank you fellow collectors.

Comments

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wishing you the best on your new venture. :+1::+1:

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet images. Good luck with the venture.

Business in the front, party in the back.

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very cool! Good luck with the new venture. I'm always looking for and buying hockey tees and lids. I added your page to my favorites to see what you come up with.

Kevin

Kevin

• Options
    TheThrill22TheThrill22 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

Thank you for the kind words. I have a social media department (my 25 year old daughter), and accounting department (my wife), a web designer (one of my assistant coaches), and a graphic artist (brother in-law).

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hiya Tom

Wow! Congratulations and the best of luck buddy.

That's a pic of you recently?

I didn't look like that at 52.

Mike
  • Options

That was a couple of weeks ago outside of Wrigley Field. That is actually one of my son's hockey coaches who is repping FloBros. My face looks like an old catchers mitt!

• Options
    edited March 18, 2018 10:08AM

Well five months in and FloBros Hockey is kicking butt and having a blast! Many new hat designs, tshirts, hoodies, and other things available. Visit us at www.flobroshockey.com Man this is a blast!
    www.flobroshockey.com

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tom,

Glad to hear things are going great with the business venture.

Best of luck in the future.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭

Love it!

Now if you can only get a picture of Jagr or Karlsson in one of those...

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 20, 2018 10:40PM

Glad to hear Tom.

Mike
  • Options
    OdessafileOdessafile Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    edited March 21, 2018 5:12AM

It's such an authentic idea ~ and with family involved its gotta be even more fun. It's niche ideas like these that typically take off with continued effort....best of luck! BTW with hats I really have gravitated towards the LOW PROFILE fit and I think a lot of folks agree.

• Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on the success. How long before we see you on Shark Tank? :D
    James

• Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭

That’s Great! Congratulations!

• Options

Thank you for the kind words, we are really having fun with it!

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

Tom ... I missed this earlier. Happy to hear that things are going well. Continued success.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has the look of a high quality product.

Good luck!