Home Sports Talk
Options

NON SPORTS ? Noise cancelling headphones...

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will be travelling to New Zealand next month and am in the market for noise cancelling headphones. Fifteen hours from LAX to SYD is much too long to endure the cabin noise associated with flying

I'm thinking Bose, over the ear, wired headphones are the way to go. However, there are also wireless headphones available. If you have, or have used noise cancelling headphones, or are familiar with the Bose products, I would much appreciate any pointers on the right product to purchase. I expect to be doing some additional International travel, so this is a long term purchase to protect my (and my wife's) hearing from the never-ending jet noise.

I am also interested in which is the best product to enjoy either the in-flight entertainment system, or a separate music I could attach to the headphones. Pretty much clueless here.

Tks!
Al

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

I picture you in Beats baby!

Bose over the ear are great. I fly Internationally 3 times a month. My biggest issue is losing them

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

Hi Al,
    Enjoy your trip. I envy you as my wife and I do not travel other than occasional short car trip anymore. Good news on Farrell departing the scene as it was long overdue.
    Steve

• Options

I've had a pair of Bose over the ear noise cancelling for about 5 years now. Love them. Goes through batteries fast however so bring extra. Also have beats wireless and those may be the best headphones I've ever owned. Not the noise cancelling power but for ease of use, they are perfect. And rechargeable.

• Options

Pitboss...elated to see Farrell gone. How many buckets of gold would it take to get Francona back? Probably untouchable with the Indians and perhaps he wants to stay.

As for my trips, please don't envy me. The wife and I just decided it was time to enjoy ourselves and spend what we've worked for and is just sitting in our 401ks. I even popped for the Delta Comfort seats to and from Sydney...not looking forward to the 15 hours + flight.

The New Zealand thing is a 14 day cruise on Celebrity, which embarks in Sydney, stops in Melbourne and Hobart Tasmania before crossing over to NZ. Lots of cool stuff in NZ, ends in Auckland. We are also going to Southern Italy/Sicily in April for 2 weeks. A local Atlanta garden show host is taking a group of 29 people on this tour. My wife is big, big on gardening, so she is over the moon about this one.

Looking at a cruise on the Royal Clipper, a 5 masted sailing ship, the biggest one that provides cruises. Not sure where, but caught a documentary about it on Smithsonian...impressive, with rave reviews!

Stay well, enjoy your day trips.
    Best to you...
    Al

• Options

Thanks guys for the info on Beats...I'll check it out.

• Options

quick follow up ?

Did you guys buy wired or wireless...advantages/disadvantages to each?

Tks

• Options
    edited October 11, 2017 4:34PM

I use Bluetooth/ wireless. Was tired of getting up to go to the bathroom to forgetting I was plugged in and almost ripping my head off. Love wireless. Flintstones vs Jetson's. Cut the cord.

mark

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

Just...I'm assuming bluetooth is a non-issue concerning being connected to the in-flight entertainment system. Help me appreciate how I can have my own music if I choose to do so. My flights are all on Delta and in Delta Comfort...not sure if that allows me better in-flight entertainment than coach.
    I'm obviously clueless to this.
    Tks.

• Options
    edited October 11, 2017 7:50PM

No worries.

In business they give you Bose headsets. Not sure about Delta Comfort

In flight you can use your wireless headphones and listen to your personal music on your phone.

If you want to use the in flight entertainment you can just use their earbuds for that portion

If you have to go non wireless then you can just plug into both your phone and the in flight entertainment

I like the freedom of no cord but non wireless for your personal needs for this trip maybe the better route

mark