Home Sports Talk

Astros defeat Red Sox 5-4 to take ALDS

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice to witness a very rare inside the park homer, by Devers in the 9th, first since 1916.
Congrats Astros.

That is all, carry on.

Comments

• dbtunrdbtunr Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

at least they put up a little fight. I thought they would be swept. Devers is good and can play in the clutch. Sale, not so much

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Verlander with two wins in a four game series and Sale two losses. That's a rarity

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hopefully the ball girl doesn't need to be put in witness protection :s

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

Verlander - Sales...not as rare as a standup inside the park homer.

The ball girl actually helped the team, that ball was headed to the wall and an easy double. Too bad the play was non-reviewable, one angle looked to me that it went just a slice left of the bag.

• BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey, at least the Sox finished the season ahead of the Yankees. Isn't that what it's really all about for Sox Nation?

Daniel
  • MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, beating the Yankees is the consolation prize, but winning the WS, is always the goal. Astros were the better team, results pretty much predictable.

Actually, I thought the Red Sox wouldn't even make it as far as they did. I was surprised at the collapse of Kimbrell, who is generally lights out...but S$$T happens. It's only baseball, not really anything that impacts my happiness or well being.

I am amazed how some people on these boards appear to get so apoplectic over sports event results.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats to the Stro's for advancing. My pick to win it all as stated here before the Playoffs began. The wife is none too happy. Her Bosox came up short.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".