Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

How to see the old photobucket coin pictures again in old topics (pre new-forum-software)

StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 8, 2017 7:35AM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

I saw a post on another forum, then added the following to my favorite dog forum. So nice to see old pictures again I wanted to share. Confirmed it worked by checking out my old threads. It should be great as long as you use Chrome/FireFox and the OP of the photos didn't delete/move their account. My old shots show again because I did nothing to my PB account (hoping for a miracle reprieve regarding previously established links).

What I posted on my favorite dog forum:

I just saw a post on another forum (not dogs). There is an extension that will allow you to see the old photos that were hosted by PB, but now show that annoying 'the user hasn't ponied up hundreds of dollars to keep these hosted' shot.

If you use Chrome (and supposedly FF, though I don't use that one), some enterprising souls have made an extension to preform a work around.

I added it to my tool bar and now all the old blocked pictures are visible again. Well, not if the original poster deleted their account, but for those who left their accounts alone the links now work again. (I left mine alone hoping PB would eventually fix the retroactive nature of their heavy handed/borderline extortion scheme...).

Anyway, for Chrome I clicked on my google drive extension (or you can get there using tools) to click on 'manage your extensions'. Then I clicked on 'get more extensions' which brings up the extensions section in the Chrome/Google. Did a search for 'Photobucket embed fix'. Three options came up and picked the one by kzahelg. It was added to my toolbar and I confirmed it worked on some old threads that had been showing the PB notice.

These are the directions posted by the guy on my other forum which I deviated from a tad above.

"In the cases where former/current PhotoBucket users haven't deleted all their albums, Chrome and Firefox now have an extension, Photobucket Embed Fix, that will display 3rd party hosted images. It will fix all your broken pics, no need for you to do anything, it runs entirely in the background.

Click Tools>Add-Ons (Or press CTL+Shift+A) >select Extensions > enter "photobucket embed" in the Search box (upper right corner) > then click the install button."

(I got this excellent information from a post by 'Circus' at CT)

Comments

• Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you Stork, great......BUt,
    I will not use PB anymore. I removed all the stuff I wanted (over 500 images) and store it now on a external HD.
    Safe and sound from any present or future extortion attempt.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

Totally understand that. I don't touch the account anymore, but this way I can still see the old posts that weren't moved by their owners.

• Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is PB surviving?

Today is the first day of the rest of my life