Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

And a Horse, Of Course

As you all know, I do love horses on coins, when the design glorifies the horse alone. (No racing, no cavalry) Behold, the rearing steed of Westphalia! This cutie actually is baring its teeth. It is looking west, to France.

Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD

Comments

• Options
    AbueloAbuelo Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 7, 2017 4:02PM

@harasha will the Mexican Caballito count?

• Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a Caballito in my general collection, but only as a part of my Latin America section. And because it is a beautiful coin. However, it would not qualify for my horse collection.

DPOTD
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you stick to just a horse figure, or is a person in view at all acceptable (like holding a halter lead)? Or perhaps one single rider (like a St. George piece?)?

• Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a few St George items, but only because of their beauty. They do not qualify as horsiness. A horse with a farmer or breeder will qualify. A horse with a jockey or military man will not.

DPOTD
  • Options
    Manfred1Manfred1 Posts: 59 ✭✭

Two more ... same horse

• Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

So neigh on mounted knights then?

• Options

@harasha said:
    I have a few St George items, but only because of their beauty. They do not qualify as horsiness. A horse with a farmer or breeder will qualify. A horse with a jockey or military man will not.

An untied horse is a horse. A horse with no bit coin in its mouth is a horse. The rest are horses of senseles people with no-cent in their pocket.

• Options
    RMWRMW Posts: 219 ✭✭✭

A horse is a horse
    Of course , of course.. :)