New York Yankees
10/1
Arizona Diamondbacks
20/1
Minnesota Twins
25/1
Colorado Rockies
25/1

Odds to Win 2017 American League Pennant (11/1/17)
Team
Odds
Cleveland Indians
3/2
Houston Astros
5/2
Boston Red Sox
7/2
New York Yankees
5/1
Minnesota Twins
14/1

Odds to Win 2017 National League Pennant (11/1/17)
Team
Odds
Los Angeles Dodgers
7/5
Washington Nationals
11/4
Chicago Cubs
3/1
Arizona Diamondbacks
7/1
Colorado Rockies
12/1

It appears the Yankees may have a higher hill to climb than the Red Sox. Time will tell.

Comments

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I accept that yesterday's game against the Twins was an "elimination" game, but if Girardi manages like that going forward he has an uphill climb. there were a few times when all the Twins needed was that one hit and his plan would have collapsed with no one to save things. when Judge hit the HR it really bailed him out.

did you see the expression on Judge's face as he rounded first?? that was priceless.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 4, 2017 2:03PM

That might of been Girardi's best game mangaged ever. I thought he used Greene and Robertson brilliantly. He went to his bullpen the strength of his team early and often. He's instincts were correct. He can now slip Sererino in earlier in the Cleveland series to boot

Yankee relievers last night. 8 2/3 innings, 5 hits and 13 k's.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
    edited October 4, 2017 7:31PM

@MCMLVTopps said:
    From Vegas insider.com

Odds to Win 2017 World Series (11/1/17)
    **Team
    **Odds
    Cleveland Indians
    7/2
    Los Angeles Dodgers
    7/2
    Houston Astros
    5/1
    Chicago Cubs
    7/1****
    Boston Red Sox
    8/1
    Washington Nationals
    8/1
    New York Yankees
    10/1
    Arizona Diamondbacks
    20/1
    Minnesota Twins
    25/1
    Colorado Rockies
    25/1

Odds to Win 2017 American League Pennant (11/1/17)
    Team
    Odds
    Cleveland Indians
    3/2
    Houston Astros
    5/2
    Boston Red Sox
    7/2
    New York Yankees
    5/1
    Minnesota Twins
    14/1

Odds to Win 2017 National League Pennant (11/1/17)
    Team
    Odds
    Los Angeles Dodgers
    7/5
    Washington Nationals
    11/4
    Chicago Cubs
    3/1
    Arizona Diamondbacks
    7/1
    Colorado Rockies
    12/1

It appears the Yankees may have a higher hill to climb than the Red Sox. Time will tell.

I think the Indians would have been the clear odds on favorites if not for the fact they were 6-14 against the National League this year. Their really only bad split.

mark

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
    edited October 4, 2017 10:17PM

Also the posted odds were before the conclusion of the Twins-Yankees game. It will probably drop to 4-1 to win the AL pennant now and 8-1 to win the WS

m

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some good odds there for a WS winner.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

Odds and predictions are in fact just that...predictions. These of course are based on previous performance data and an educated guess on a future result. It does not include (nor could it) the unknown intangible like a passed ball, drop fly ball, on and on. The bottom two seeds have met the odds maker's predictions...barely...but with a key hit or two (think Twins in the first inning with runners at 2nd and 3rd and already up 3-0...a hit would have made it 5-0).

I wonder what the odds were in 2004 when the Red Sox were down 0-3 against the Yankees in the AL Championship game and went on to win 8 in a row. I'd guess somewhere near 100,000-1 shot or more.

Don't give up on your team, anything can, and more than likely will happen.