Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Any Nolan Arenado collectors here?

A few days ago on MLB network, Mike Schmidt said Arenado has a pretty good chance
of becoming the best third baseman of all time. Yesterday Arenado reached 130 RBI's for the
third year in a row. In light of these developments I purchased my first Arenado rookie card, a 2010 bowman
chrome auto psa 9. Yes, I know he plays at Coors field and that hurts his OPS+ numbers, but the
guy is still an incredible player.
Post any and all Arenado cards if you've got 'em.

Comments

• Options
    JudgeItoJudgeIto Posts: 68 ✭✭✭

• Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭

• Options
    coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭

for some reason minor league heritage doesnt get the love that it deserves.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice cards, guys!
    I'm hoping the Rockies beat the D-backs in the wild card game.
    Used to be a fan of Grienke, but he was rude and refused
    to give a fellow collector an auto, Pat Neshek I think it was.
    Said he wouldn't even give Neshek's kid an auto if he asked.
    Grienke is off my good guy list.LOL.

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think he is a great one to collect. It will be interesting to see how his numbers get looked at after the fact but he is an amazing fielder and that should help him.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    RookieHOFersRookieHOFers Posts: 733 ✭✭✭

26 years old and has a good shot at adding his 5th Gold to his resume. I have a lot of his Rookie cards, I will add some scans to this thread shortly.

Matt
    I collect: 80’s Rookies and 86 Fleer Basketball
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2, 2017 9:42PM

Matt, cool. Would love to see your Arenado cards.

Yes, I think his 5th gold glove is a sure thing this year.
    I was looking at some statistics the other day and noticed that a couple
    pretty good third baseman, George Brett and Chipper Jones, never had 130 RBI's
    in a season. Arenado has now done it three years in a row.

Edited- Mike Schmidt never had a 130 RBI season either.

• Options
    belzbelz Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

Didn’t realIze this thread existed...do any of you guys collect his 2013 Topps chrome ref? Coolest looking card in my opinion...trying to collect each variation..good fun for a cool player.

"Wots Uh The Deal" by Pink Floyd
  • Options
    pheldaphelda Posts: 207 ✭✭✭

I currently don't collect any, but anybody have recommendations for some of the better ones to go after. He is a tremendous player. Looking now at some and they go for some serious coin. 2013 Topps Update Target Red border PSA 10 hit $620. The base regular Topps Update is around $35-$40 in PSA 10, seems like a good buy.

• Options

I always go with collect what you like..the ones you mentioned are nice looking but I happen to love the 2010 bowman chrome autos and 2013 TC nonnautos

• Options
    JKTJKT Posts: 492 ✭✭✭

Love Arenado and his cards. It’s early for him yet, but he’s got a decent shot at ending up as best 3B ever if he can stay healthy.

IMHO it’s tough tongo wrong w chrome autos or heritage autos w a player of his caliber if you’re able to pony up, but as others have said I think his Topps base RCs are tough to beat right now at $40 in PSA 10.

Always looking for tougher PSA 10's of Nolan Arenado, Alex Bregman, Mookie Betts, Francisco Lindor, and Mike Trout.

• Options
    edited August 20, 2018 6:54PM