Home Sports Talk
Options

A little levity for the weekend

galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure why this slays me so, but it does. And mind you, I've been a CB fan since the late 70s.

espn.com/sportsnation/story/_/page/1709029_BearsButterfingerQTP/chicago-bears-get-roasted-butterfinger-twitter-thursday-night-football

Comments

• Options
    edited September 29, 2017 5:02PM

my personal fav

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

Add that to my 'things I never thought would happen in my lifetime' list.
    The list goes downhill fast.

Men from Earth landed on the moon.
    Twitter was invented.
    A candy bar made fun of a football team.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

What's sad about it is Butterfingers are not even a top level candy bar. Other than a brief moment when they had Bart Simpson on their side Butterfingers are going nowhere.

What the bears need is an NFL caliber QB . It feels like it's been decades since they have had one.

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    What the bears need is an NFL caliber QB . It feels like it's been decades since they have had one.

It's beyond embarrassing. They've basically descended to a slightly glorified version of the Browns over the past three decades. I'll give a glaring example of incompetency, then I'm done talking about them because I don't want to start drinking this early.

Tarik Cohen is easily the most dynamic playmaker in a moribund passing game. In a blowout loss almost from the inception, he was targeted 4 times the other night.

So is anyone remotely surprised that there's not a single soul within the organization clever enough to fend off an attack from Butterfinger?