Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

FYI re NGC turn around times

I spoke with NGC customer service today on my submission they received today.
I asked about current turn around times and was told it is 25 days for Standard and 50 days for World Value coins.
They talk in business day terms not calendar day terms.
So I don't get my value coins now until December ,
So please be forewarned .

Comments

• Options
    AbueloAbuelo Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow... Maybe the hurricane? Long time.

• Options
    ExbritExbrit Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭✭

Must be the backlog from the hurricane. I received mine much quicker just before it hit.

• Options
    RMWRMW Posts: 219 ✭✭✭

Could be the hurricane but their website said they were up and running quickly.
    But the staff may have had their own issues to deal with. I didnt ask.

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have one in since the Baltimore show!!!

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options

They might bring it to you in a Santa Claus outfit because it might be when you get it back.
    My last submission during the summer was close to 2 months as well.

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Think it might be sent to Merrie Olde for confirmation...

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options

By way of Mars. They must have a big shortage of world coin graders.

• Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

Hasn't it always been business days? I am asking because I dont know.

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options

So far as I know, yeah, their estimates of turnaround times have been based on business days.
    50 business days for world value coins, which is their current estimate, is a lot.
    They appear to be overwhelmed this year.

• Options
    CIVITASCIVITAS Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭

Yes, NGC and PCGS have always quoted turnaround times in business days to my knowledge.

I believe one of their world graders recently left the company. I also believe they were closed for a little while due to the hurricane.

FWIW, I had a Standard world submission marked as received by NGC on 9/1/17 and shipped yesterday on 10/2/17.

An Economy submission received by them on 8/28/17 is still marked as Scheduled for Grading, and has been for a while now. Unfortunately, these coins are not mine and belong to an impatient client, so we will see....... :#

https://www.civitasgalleries.com

New coins listed monthly!

Josh Moran

CIVITAS Galleries, Ltd.
  • Options

I was pleasantly surprised to find out today that my NGC Standard submission is ready to be shipped about three weeks after receipt.
    What the issue was during the summer with turnaround times, I don't know , but perhaps they are getting back to normal.

• Options
    ExbritExbrit Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭✭

I had a very good turn around time including conservation on a couple. No complaints.