perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

The guy is doing a hell of a good job

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

He just needs to talk a little bit less in my opinion. He's likeable

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

Uh oh. I'm going to grab some popcorn and wait for Jon to show up. This has potential.

I agree with you, by the way. He's done a pretty good job in the few times I've listened to him. I've seen good reviews, too.

• Options
    edited September 28, 2017 7:56PM
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

I'm too young to have appreciated Jim Brown, and didn't appreciate Payton like I probably should have. But to me, Barry Sanders is the best running back I've ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GykaB6Fip8U

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yesterday something changed for me in youtube and half the clickable items stopped working buttons disable or missing , ads more annoying , I poked around and found an option to go back to the old youtube which was almost ok but , after a while it reset to the new garbage version .

I'm sick and tired of google's bull$hit , everything they touch lately works less , slower , or not at all . They are circling the drain big time.

• Options

Me too. MFErs!

Perk you were right. Romo is a savant in the booth.

M

• Options
    edited September 28, 2017 8:35PM

@DIMEMAN says

Romo should be in the booth!

m

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 28, 2017 8:40PM

@TNP777 said:
    I'm too young to have appreciated Jim Brown, and didn't appreciate Payton like I probably should have. But to me, Barry Sanders is the best running back I've ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GykaB6Fip8U

Sanders was the best I've ever seen.

That one clip vs the Cowboys where the defender has his back facing Sanders as he sprints by is amazing, lol..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

He was special. Once in a generation kind of guy. Humble

m

• Options

That hit on Adams was horrific. Anyone who thinks the game is soft today should take a look at that replay.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

Agreed that hit was vicious but it was to an extreme, Adams was defenseless and his helmet was absolutely targeted. Either way let's hope he is ok

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't believe Trevathan wasn't immediately kicked out of the game. Let's hope the NFL suspends him, preferably for at least as long as Adams is out.

• Options

He got 2 games, I think it should have been 4 honestly. Tell ya what if it was Burfict he would have gotten probably 8 games for that hit

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thank God every week that Tony is in the booth and can't lose anymore games for the Cowboys!

• Options
    edited October 1, 2017 2:28PM

Watching the Broncos-raiders game which is the first game I've gotten with nantz and Romo in the booth. Romo's voice is a bit too high pitched to my liking. He needs to rein it in a bit. He's also a bit corny, imo. He's a likable guy but I prefer Simms, at least at this point.

• Options

@grote15 said:
    Watching the Broncos-raiders game which is the first game I've gotten with nantz and Romo in the booth. Romo's voice is a bit too high pitched to my liking. He needs to rein it in a bit. He's also a bit corny, imo. He's a likable guy but I prefer Simms, at least at this point.

Simms was a better QB too.

• Options

Hopefully he will improve. Just don't find him that enjoyable to listen to at this point, at least as far as yesterday's game between Oak and Denver was concerned. And I like Romo.

• Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

His week 4 game might've been his worst yet. Maybe good reviews went to his head. But I do think his knowledge of today's game trumps Simms by a mile. He's calling exact plays before they happen and seems engaged. I always found Simms to be a bit of a snooze.

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

m

exactly....and stop predicting each play before it happens.

• Options
    ADGADG Posts: 423 ✭✭✭

@HighGradeLegends said:

@Justacommeman said:

m

exactly....and stop predicting each play before it happens.

He seems pretty good with those. Not perfect, but who is?

"The vaccines work,” Trump said, adding that the people who “get very sick and go to the hospital” are unvaccinated.
    “Look, the results of the vaccine are very good, and if you do get it, it’s a very minor form,” Trump continued. “People aren’t dying when they take the vaccine.”
    Do your part, America 💉😷

• Options

Boy he sure talks a better game than he played!!!!!!

• Options

He is good

mark

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

He could save the Packers season.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

@Brick said:
    He could save the Packers season

I was also thinking the same thing. That would also be awesome.

m

• Options
    cecropiamothcecropiamoth Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

@Brick said:

m

It would be awesome. Burlington, WI kid comes home and leads the Packers to a Super Bowl victory. Does something in Green Bay that he couldn't do in what, 13 seasons in Dallas?

• Options

@cecropiamoth said:

@Justacommeman said:

@Brick said:

m

It would be awesome. Burlington, WI kid comes home and leads the Packers to a Super Bowl victory. Does something in Green Bay that he couldn't do in what, 13 seasons in Dallas?

well but in green bay he would have a good team

• Options

I thought he was a lot better today. He's growing on me, lol..

• Options

Go ahead......Romo has glass collar bones just like Rodgers. ;)

• Options

As long as he steers clear of the Harvey Weinstein jokes he will be fine :D

• Options

CBS is about to give Romo a substantial raise to keep him. He is currently making 4 million a year

m

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Romo's performance Sunday was an all-time great. His play prediction and explanations were incredible.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

He's brought Jim Nantz out of his low key, golf announcing shell.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

I also enjoyed Romo

Nobody does it better !!!!

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

he seems to have a good sense of what play or strategy a Team should use, when he says as much he is quite often right.

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

I Watched both games on Sunday as many did. the announcers doing the Saints-Rams game were terrible. I'm Glad that Romo was doing the Chiefs-Pats game. All kinds of comments from a players point of view.

• Options
    edited January 22, 2019 1:43PM

He is the best analyst in the game. I can see now why CBS put him in the booth right off the bat with the #1 team. I was skeptical at first but he has completely won me over. He is terrific.

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gotta say, I was skeptical about Romo at first, but have grown to really enjoy his commentary. He certainly knows what's going on in the game and comments well on defensive moves and offensive plays on both opponents.

Seems like a happy go lucky kinda person. How he let Carrie Underwood slip through his fingers is a mystery.

• Options

@pocketpiececommems said:
    I Watched both games on Sunday as many did. the announcers doing the Saints-Rams game were terrible. I'm Glad that Romo was doing the Chiefs-Pats game. All kinds of comments from a players point of view.

Buck and Aikman and I agree

m

• Options
    edited January 22, 2019 3:26PM
  • Options

He is much better in the booth than he was on the field. He talks a great game...…...he just couldn't get it done on the field.