Home Q & A Forum

Need help categorizing some coins

I have a few questions about a couple of coins I have found,can anyone help me put them in a category. I was told by heritage auctions that they are damaged and have no collector value. I refuse to believe that. One is a 2017d shield penny,the Obverse is perfect but the reverse is crazy looking. United States of America is not there and the shield is barely visible and one cent is barely visible! The other is a 2015d quarter. It looks like it missed the process for getting the shinny stuff put on. The reverse is ok. I am new to this forum and see there is no way to put a picture! Email me hawkshaw333@gmail.com I will gladly send pictures. Thank you

Comments

• Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Heritage is in business to make money buying and selling coins. If you had something, they would be interested. :wink:

PS post a photo in the US coin section.

• YouYou Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
    edited September 29, 2017 10:18AM

And so the trend of new/inexperienced collectors "refusing to believe" professionals continues.

• KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shinny stuff. Wow

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,455 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lukin4paydirt said:
    I have a few questions about a couple of coins I have found,can anyone help me put them in a category. I was told by heritage auctions that they are damaged and have no collector value. I refuse to believe that. One is a 2017d shield penny,the Obverse is perfect but the reverse is crazy looking. United States of America is not there and the shield is barely visible and one cent is barely visible! The other is a 2015d quarter. It looks like it missed the process for getting the shinny stuff put on. The reverse is ok. I am new to this forum and see there is no way to put a picture! Email me hawkshaw333@gmail.com I will gladly send pictures. Thank you

It is actually very easy to add pictures here, just drag and drop them into the text area. Let's see them

Collector, occasional seller