Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1963 Topps NL Leaders #1- $2028??

I've followed this card over the years just because it's a Musial but I've never seen it go for a price like this. I could be remembering wrong but it usually doesn't go for more than a couple hundred dollars.

Number one card or not, it's never been that hard of a card to find in an 8. It's almost as if the buyer thought he was bidding on a 9.

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/382204235372

Comments

• Options
    RobbyRobby Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Winning bidder has had 20 bid retractions in the last 6 months ! They will never pay , or ever intended to pay that much for that card ! ...............................Robbie

Collect 1964 Topps Baseball
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set
  • Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭

Well, there you go.

• Options

The bid % with Probstein was 100% too. The runner up had a 79% bid percentage too. My guess is that they have a few of those cards in high grade and they are trying to inflate the price before bringing out the PSA 9.

• Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

Takes two to tango. Auction closed a month ago. Has it been reposted?

• Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

@49ersGuy said:
    The bid % with Probstein was 100% too. The runner up had a 79% bid percentage too. My guess is that they have a few of those cards in high grade and they are trying to inflate the price before bringing out the PSA 9.

Has this been a problem with Probstein?

Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 29, 2017 6:32AM

Interesting > @49ersGuy said:

Interesting how they now cleared their queue of bid %. They just rotate a few accounts every other month and wallah.