Home Sports Talk
Options

NCAA Hoops corruption, fbi, oh my....

Comments

• Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,319 ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn't Nick Nolte and Shaq basically make a movie about this like 25 years ago.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does this shock anyone?

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:
    Does this shock anyone?

Nope.

M

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

Louisville might be reaping the death penalty if these charges prove true. Pitino a life time ban

Mark

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

Other people named in the documents include:

• James Gatto, director of global sports marketing at Adidas; (OUCH!)

• Merl Code, who recently left Nike for Adidas;

• Christian Dawkins, an NBA agent who was fired in May from ASM Sports for charging approximately $42,000 in Uber charges on a player's credit card; (dumbass)

• Jonathan Brad Augustine, president of The League Initiative and program director of the Adidas-sponsored 1 Family AAU program;

• Munish Sood, a financial adviser;

• Rashan Michel, a former NBA official who founded Thompson Bespoke Clothing, a custom clothier for athletes.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 26, 2017 5:37PM

Arizona assistant coach Book Richardson charged.

Wonder if Sean Miller will be next...

• Options

Five million dollar coach and unpaid players. Corruption is bound to fill the vacuum.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now this is a crusade of yours I can get behind. These college sports need to be shut down ( except for the women's volleyball obviously).

• Options

Arizona is a quality school. After Lute's departure they decided that it was important to return the basketball program to a top ten level. I still scratch my head at the quasi secret alumni fund that vests the head coaches with "shares" worth multiple millions of dollars.

The shakeout will be interesting.

• Options

Pitino and Louiseville AD gone.

There is a God

mark

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

This could get ugly. I’ve got to imagine that there are a LOT of nervous programs right now and lots of people are lawyering up.

I’m not going to rejoice that Pitino is gone, but I’m not sad, either. I personally think he’s about as slimy as they come and am surprised he’s lasted this long.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

U of A basketball is yuuggggeeeeeeeee> @Justacommeman said:

Pitino and Louiseville AD gone.

There is a God

mark

Wasn't Pitino providing prostitutes for players a while back? Its no wonder he couldn't handle the NBA , if the players can afford their own hookers and blow what do they need him for ?

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

so there's a reason why some of these schools are historically the best, it's called cheating.

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,783 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yawn.

This has been going on since high schools and colleges chose to field bastletball teams. It also happens at the middle school and even at the elementary school levels. Kids as young as 6 years old who play hoops and stand out above their peers talentwise get noticed. Grown ups latch on to these kids in the hope that one of them will make it big and become a meal ticket.

I am sure this happens world wide. Talent gets noticed and when talent earns money, many people will be doing whatever they can to get some of the money.

In the 60's and 70's the star players on UCLA'steams lived very well.

• Options
    dbtunrdbtunr Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

@keets said:
    so there's a reason why some of these schools are historically the best, it's called cheating.

Now if we can tie all this cheating to the Red Sox and Patriots it will be a glorious day ;)

• Options

The homer talk radio airheads are trying to convince themselves that Sean Miller is in no way involved with the Arizona scandal. Assistant Richardson came with him from Xavier. For 10 years these guys are essentially bunk mates for 6 or 7 months a year and no way would Miller wonder why all these 4 and 5 star recruits are showing up at his doorstep?

Yeesh.

• Options

Agree Mark. All the assistants are going to roll over. At the very least the coaches knew

m

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

for decades I have looked at organized sports like this:
    High School --- Amateurs.
    College --- Professionals.
    Pro Sports --- Entertainers.

everyone pretty much knows that College recruits are given enticements and taken care of, things like this only serve to remove the pretense. the NCAA should just put some regulating body in place and allow it to happen in plain sight so things might be a little more fair for all member schools.

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

@SanctionII said:

In the 60's and 70's the star players on UCLA'steams lived very well.

Yes, Sam Gilbert was a UCLA dropout, turned contractor, who paid the players while saintly Wooden played dumb. I am a big UCLA fan but there is no doubt UCLA won 10 championships in 12 years with some cheating... but presumably everybody else was cheating too they just did it better!?

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

a slug dipped in a bucket of snot is less slimy than rick pitino

• Options

I predict that Sean Miller is gone by next Friday.

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

What other head coaches might go down?

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,125 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not much new here. As always follow the $$$ for your answers.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

Local press keeps harping how Miller is innocent. I get that they are beholden to the University but at the very least, he's benefitted immensely from the corruption of his hired hands.

Sean is paid $100,000 a week and 5 days in has not uttered a word.