Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

POP Report Accurate?

While reading different threads, I've noticed that a few people talk about "cracking" their cards for resubmission. This makes me wonder how accurate the POP report really is. I'm assuming that the 9's are probably correct in vintage, because why risk getting a lower grade, but the 8's and below are probably a little skewed from resubmissions. Does anyone have any thoughts on the level of variances, or a way that these can be tracked or corrected? I imagine it must be almost impossible.

Bernie
Bernie Carlen

Currently collecting.....your guess is as good as mine.

Comments

• Options
    I don't think that any pop report is totally accurate. There is certainly some wiggle room in the sevens and eights. However, I do not believe that the variance is enough to cause any concern. In vintage, the eights are pretty solid, the nines as you stated, are a lock.
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    PSA 6's and 7's are probably the most inaccurate in the vintage stuff. You're right though, it is impossible to track what the actual variances are,
  • Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    When you break out a card out of the holder you are supposed to send the holder to PSA so they can adjust the pop report. I do not think too many people actually do that, but it would certainly help.
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    I sent them one this year and it was still in the database months later. I don't think they are too good about updating their records.
  • Options
    boggs301012boggs301012 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭
    There are not up to date . I told them About errors over a year ago and the are still there. And I told them more than Once.
    x